Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 02:12 AM

Default Re: AP Spokesman Mark Seif Video Interview Oct 26

sweet...Mark Seif replied to me
to me

woo hoo
Old 10-29-2007, 03:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I chose this topic as my fist post on 2+2. There were many choices. This is just one I wanted to clear up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seif, don't waste our time with this crap.

When you actually have something to say, SAY IT.

Any of these would do:

1) Guys, I'm shocked and appalled that the company I represent engaged in CRIMINAL activity.

2) I know you have been cheated and money has been stolen from you.

3) I will do everything I can to bring those responsible for perpetrating this CRIME to justice.

4) It's clear to me beyond a shadow of a doubt that the POTRIPPER tournament was rigged.

5) I am ashamed that my public endorsement of Absolute Poker may have contributed to your decision to deposit money and play in fraudulent games.

Until you have something along these lines to say, do us all a favor and keep your lying, self serving, 2-faced comments to yourself.
Old 10-29-2007, 04:10 AM

Dear Mark,

Love,

Gons
Old 10-29-2007, 04:23 AM

Mark, I will assume that this is really you. If it's not, I assume this account will be disabled soon by the mods anyway.

Can you explain to me exactly how I "lied", "exaggerated", or did anything wrong/unethical as far as you're concerned?

You have now twice called my character into question, which I don't appreciate.

Let's break this down here....

I was a VICTIM in this whole thing. The highest level people at Absolute Poker, the site you have been promoting for over 3 years, cheated me out of over $15,000. Had it not been for the excellent work of Nat Arem, Adanthar, and others on 2+2, I would never have seen that $15,000 again, since your company covered it up and lied about the fraud for over a month.

So exactly why are YOU the one attacking ME?

Please explain what I've done wrong here, and why you felt it necessary to drag my name through the mud.

I anxiously await to hear the answer to this one.
Old 10-29-2007, 04:37 AM

If I was Mark Seif and I did actually cheat, you wouldn't see me doing some cheap, heavily edited interview like this one.
Old 10-29-2007, 04:37 AM

That is actually Mark, or else someone who knows his real email.
Old 10-29-2007, 04:40 AM

Mark can you please clarify your level of involvement with AP -- both currently, and chronologically.

There seems to be some confusion, and based on some of your statements in that video-interview it seems as though you are involved within AP in some way larger than just being the face of the site. I know you've said recently that you used to be involved within the company in a much larger role than you currently are.
Old 10-29-2007, 04:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This kind of thing could happen at Poker Stars or Full Tilt

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF? Why even try to drag the good names of legit poker rooms into this?

[/ QUOTE ]

because those sites implicitly allow for such conduct by using things like the KGC instead of having real forensic audits and investigations

their names are mud because they clearly support the crappy overseeing of the industry

[/ QUOTE ]

Having said that, its virtually impossible to ensure, in a company that has hundreds if not thousands of previous and existing employees, consultants, programmers etc. and dozens and dozens of high level managers both past and present, that there will NEVER ever be a security breach. It's just impossible to ensure against it.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is such ridiculous spin.

While I agree there are complex security breaches that are certainly difficult to prevent (but not impossible), the breach that happened was not NEARLY in this category. In terms of potential attacks, having a version of your software that can watch the cards in real time seems like a pretty large one. It is plainly obvious the "security team" was either terrible or malicious, and right now it seems like the latter is true.

An analogous situation would be if some dude just walked onto a plane with a bomb in plain sight and then blew it up after takeoff. Sure, this is a security breach, but is it easily preventable? In the same vein you can say that protecting an airplane is technically impossible, but that doesn't mean the people in charge of protecting it should throw up their hands and use that excuse in case something bad happens.
Old 10-29-2007, 04:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If I was Mark Seif and I did actually cheat, you wouldn't see me doing some cheap, heavily edited interview like this one.

[/ QUOTE ]

And your point is?
Old 10-29-2007, 04:57 AM

Mark,

"I had nothing to do with this matter, if it turns out there were some serious wrong doings in AP's management or consultants or executives or whatever."

Do you still currently have some doubt that AP employees cheated their customers?

"I want to thank them for having faith in the site and continuing to play on the site... It exemplifies the American way... that you don't assume that things are necessarily terrible unless there is strong evidence to the contrary"

a) has there been enough strong evidence yet?
b) if yes to that, is a site stealing from its customers terrible? If not, what would it take for a site to do terrible, unforgivable things? Your statement makes it sound as if you believe AP has not done anything terrible and should be forgiven by us all.
Closed Thread