Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-20-2007, 06:38 PM

Default Re: Angry mob kills man in Texas

I was gonna harp on DFR for being absurd, but it looks like that was taken care of. Carry on.
Old 06-20-2007, 06:42 PM

There better not be any crimes reported on St. Patrick's Day or I will need to hold a press conference with Al Sharpton about why we can't all just get along.
Old 06-20-2007, 06:43 PM

seriously how does stuff like this happen? i can't even imagine this happening in the hippie-filled town i live in. and nobody tried to stop them? and nobody has come forward to the police to point out the assailants(it seems based on one of the articles)?

some people are so savage.
Old 06-20-2007, 06:44 PM

The East side ain't hippie-filled my friend.

I'm hoping news will be forthcoming on the identity of the attackers.
Old 06-20-2007, 07:05 PM

I think there's a really interesting discussion here wrt people's initial visualization of the mob upon hearing this story--and the legitimacy, ramifications, causes, etc. of that first unconscious impression. Unfortunately I don't think it can be pulled off w/o disaster in this kind of environment.
Old 06-20-2007, 08:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think there's a really interesting discussion here wrt people's initial visualization of the mob upon hearing this story--and the legitimacy, ramifications, causes, etc. of that first unconscious impression. Unfortunately I don't think it can be pulled off w/o disaster in this kind of environment.

[/ QUOTE ]
It's a statistical fact that blacks are on average significantly more violent than whites and asians (for whatever reason), and "black" didn't even occur to me when I read the article.

But when someone mentioned they were probably black, I thought "that would make sense". I'd imagine many had similar reactions.

I think the more interesting discussion is how quick some clowns are to cry "racism" on the reporting of nothing but facts. WTF is wrong with people? We have a similar thing in Australia. Rape gangs consisting of young Lebanese men roam around Sydney targeting specifically teenage Anglo-Saxon girls (it's some ancient grudge they carry). But the media isn't allowed to report that they're Lebanese, so there's no pressure on the self identified Lebanese community to own and address the sickness that exists in their own culture.

I'm constantly amazed by those that would want to suppress truth for the sake of being politically correct. A man was killed by a violent mob. An innocent man was killed. If the pigs that did this belong to a particular race, then something is very wrong with that group of people in Austin, Texas, and it needs to be out in the open. For 10 men to attack and kill an innocent man in public, without being restrained by the crowd, indicates something is very sick in the community that raised these people, that interacted with them on a daily basis, and that continues to shelter them.
Old 06-20-2007, 08:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the more interesting discussion is how quick some clowns are to cry "racism" on the reporting of nothing but facts.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is because it's easy to report or exclude the facts because of racism.

"A black man raped a white woman last night."
Does race matter at all? No, we get just as much info from "A man raped a woman last night" but without getting a bunch of rednecks riled up to go lynch some [censored].

"A suspected Klan member killed a black man last night."
Well now the races of the men actually adds to the story. It sheds light on the potential motivation behind the crime.

It's easy to say, "but he only reported facts, how is it racist?" If reporting the race of participants doesn't add any information, but it does evoke different emotions in the readers, then it's easy to make a case that there's some racist slant, intended or not.
Old 06-20-2007, 08:23 PM

Violence erupted after the Juneteenth celebration in Milwaukee where I live. 2nd year in a row it happened I guess. They also pulled someone out of their car, but only kicked him in the head (we're classier here). Not a rickroll
Old 06-20-2007, 08:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's a statistical fact that blacks are on average significantly more violent than whites and asians (for whatever reason)

[/ QUOTE ]
I noticed you changed your post from "I think that blacks..." to "it's a statistical fact." Why? I'm guessing the first way sounds pretty damn racist [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Either way, that's a ridiculous statement. Maybe a higher % of violent crimes are committed by blacks than whites. Where do those crimes occur? What is the ethnic makeup of the places where they occur? Certainly you don't believe that if you took a white baby and a black baby, raised them in a vacuum, that the black person would be more inclined to be violent than the white person.
Old 06-20-2007, 08:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
racism schmacism. All I know is you won't catch me hanging out in a strange city at the "Booker T. Washington" apartment complex.

[/ QUOTE ]
Even if it meant a chance to get Tony Phillips' autograph?

[/ QUOTE ]

This forum is too much sometimes. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]