Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-2006, 11:47 AM

Default stud high 3/6

I know 4th street is suspect, but I felt like villain might be on a steal. My question is more about 5th. Do I have enough to call with a OESD? Should I have bet the river after his check?

7 Card Stud High ($3/$6), Ante $0.25, Bring-In $1 (hand converter (use internet explorer))

3rd Street - (0.50 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ___brings-in ___calls
Seat 2: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ___folds
Hero: 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ___raises
Seat 6: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ___calls
Seat 7: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ___folds
Seat 8: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ___calls

4th Street - (4.50 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ___checks ___folds
Hero: 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ___bets ___calls
Seat 6: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ___checks ___raises
Seat 8: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ___checks ___folds

5th Street - (4.25 BB)

Hero: 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ___calls
Seat 6: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ___bets

6th Street - (6.25 BB)

Hero: 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ___checks
Seat 6: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ___checks

River - (6.25 BB)

Hero: 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ___checks
Seat 6: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] xx ___checks

Total pot: (6.25 BB)

Results:
Total pot $37.50 | Rake $1

Hero: [7s 6s Ks 8c 5d Qh Kh] (a pair of Kings)

Seat 6: [7c 7d Ad 2c Td 4s 6h]
Old 02-01-2006, 11:57 AM

Default Re: stud high 3/6

I think you played it fine. You are representing Kings with the completion, so betting out 4th seems natural when checked around to you.
OTOH there is something to be said for taking a free card when offered and you are holding a bunch of crap.
Old 02-01-2006, 12:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I know 4th street is suspect, but I felt like villain might be on a steal. My question is more about 5th.

[/ QUOTE ]

4th street isn't suspect at all. It's terrible. Your steal attempt failed and you have absolutely no chance of winning with a 4th street bet. Oh yea, and quite a good chance of being checkraised by the ace. Regardless of what street you're concerned about, 4th is where the big money losing mistake was made that should get your attention.

[ QUOTE ]
My question is more about 5th. Do I have enough to call with a OESD?

[/ QUOTE ]

Extremely easy peel.

[ QUOTE ]
Should I have bet the river after his check?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd say a bet has some thin value since he probably wouldn't have checked aces on 6th there. So you might get called by some pair he made while pursuing a draw. And if he does have AA he will just call, not raise. He doesn't have aces up since that would bet.

Jeff
Old 02-01-2006, 01:27 PM

I wouldn't bet fourth when you have the option of the free card. Having done so and been raised, I think you have the odds to call and take off a card. The rest of the hand is pretty obvious, except for the river, where there may be a bet, although it depends on the player. Will he call with less than a pair of kings?