Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Other Gambling Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2007, 09:10 AM

Default Re: Anything else gambling skill games?

[ QUOTE ]
video poker is +ev if you play all the simulations and memorize the correct play in each situation. and also you have to take the machines that pay 9/5 flush to striaght, or maybe its sh to flush, i believe its the former. saw some dude on the travel channel.

hence skill=robot

[/ QUOTE ]

Levelled or not. You decide.............
Old 07-31-2007, 07:49 AM

Competition Whack-A-Mole can be very +EV
Old 07-31-2007, 12:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Competition Whack-A-Mole can be very +EV

[/ QUOTE ]

1) Insert 25cents
2) Whack a mole as fast as you can
3) ??????
4) Profit

NH sir
Old 08-03-2007, 02:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
video poker is +ev if you play all the simulations and memorize the correct play in each situation. and also you have to take the machines that pay 9/5 flush to striaght, or maybe its sh to flush, i believe its the former. saw some dude on the travel channel.

hence skill=robot

[/ QUOTE ]

Levelled or not. You decide.............

[/ QUOTE ]

isn't video poker beatable if you play it perfectly? I have no idea, but i'd heard it before.
Old 08-04-2007, 11:11 AM

There are beatable video poker games and unbeatable ones. I know a number of people who have made their living playing video poker for years, and slot machines also. Like anything else, knowledge is power. You may notice that all video poker machines are not the same. There used to be a deuces-wild machine that was beatable with perfect strategy, for instance, not sure if it is still around. Jackpot machines are a common target for pros. Let me give you a simple example:

Let's say there is a hypothetical machine whereby you win the jackpot if three 7's appear and lose otherwise. It costs a dollar to play and there are 20 symbols on each of the three reeels, so the three 7's comes up once every 20*20*20 spins, or once every 8000 spins. If the jackpot is above 8000, it is profitable to play. If it is less than that, it is unprofitable. Every dollar put in raises the jackpot slightly.

Now this is a very simplified example just to show that positive EV situations exist. The sharks wait until the tourists play enough to make the jackpot worth going after, then they jump in. In real life there are many combinations that have different payoffs and calculating positive EV is somewhat more complicated, because you will hit smaller payoffs in addition to jackpots. You must "clock" the wheel, meaning you must determine how many symbols are on each reel and what they are in order to calculate the break-even point.

On video poker jackpot machines there is an ideal strategy to play, and that strategy changes as the jackpot increases. For example (an exaggeration for effect) -- if the jackpot is low, you would never throw away aces and kings, but would draw to the full house. On the other hand, if the jackpot was a billion dollars, you would keep AK suited and toss the other ace and king to draw to the royal because the payoff justifies changing your strategy.

Hope that helps clarigy things.
Old 08-07-2007, 01:33 AM

Could just 1 poster in this thread who is expousing the theory that slots and video poker are beatable (and a skill game) please provide the following:

1 verifiable example of a full-time professional winning slot player with over 3 years full time play (short time +EV on a large jackpot win does not qualify)

and

an explanation of how a pre-programmed machine which returns only 97.5% of turnover by law, to the player (regardless of jackpot amount or number of "pieces of the pie" are filled in on the bonus game) is beatable in the long run.

Thanks in advance.
Old 08-07-2007, 05:46 AM

Umm... VP is beatable.
Old 08-07-2007, 04:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Could just 1 poster in this thread who is expousing the theory that slots and video poker are beatable (and a skill game) please provide the following:

1 verifiable example of a full-time professional winning slot player with over 3 years full time play (short time +EV on a large jackpot win does not qualify)

and

an explanation of how a pre-programmed machine which returns only 97.5% of turnover by law, to the player (regardless of jackpot amount or number of "pieces of the pie" are filled in on the bonus game) is beatable in the long run.

Thanks in advance.

[/ QUOTE ]

One I never said slots are beatable.

Two I said some Slots have +EV situations that are hard to find but are out there.

Three you'll never be able to beat them for a living. So working your 9 to 5 is foreseeable in the future.

[ QUOTE ]
Trust me you ain't gonna get rich doing it but you can make a few bucks here and there.

Actually finding someone dumb enough to stop playing with one pip left to fill in the pie too is not the easiest thing in the world.

But it happens and you can aquire a quite a few beverages waiting for one.

[/ QUOTE ]

When I post about +EV video bonuses in slots 1 i'm drinking about 9 white russians. 2) The p;erson playing the pies MAY NEVER GET UP. 3) When I do hit the bonus it might only be for a few coins.

Anyone in the world who thinks modern slots are beatable is a moron. That DOES NOT mean there are not +EV situations avaliable for a savvy and lame person like myself who's more into drinking away my liver than gambling [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-08-2007, 09:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Umm... VP is beatable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please explain.......I'll be happy to be proven wrong.
Old 08-08-2007, 10:12 AM

My post was not aimed at you but:

[ QUOTE ]
Two I said some Slots have +EV situations that are hard to find but are out there.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know what you are trying to say but, in reality, every single slot or VP machine in the world, is a possible +EV situation at any given time.

I am simply stating that a slot or a VP machine is pre-programmed by law to return less than 100% Return To Player (can usually be anywhere from 80-99% RTP depending on operator and or juristiction). It is mathematically impossible to be a winner on slots or VP in the long run, irrespective or your strategy and/or "skill".