Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Computer Technical Help
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2007, 03:34 PM

Default This program requires the file...

So every once in a while(pretty often actually) I will get a pop-up from Nero stating "This program requires the file advrcntr2.dll, which was not found on this system." I exit out of the pop-up, and it goes away for a few minutes, but it always comes back. I used to have Nero, but I uninstalled it, and I think that's when the problem started.

Now, this by itself is annoying. But I am pretty sure this is causing another problem. I use uTorrent. Sometimes when this message pops up, I will get a message saying something like "The file [insert file name] can not be accessed because another process is currently using the file." Something along those lines. And then the torrent will stop downloading until I make it restart.

My question is, are these 2 events related, as they seem to be? How do I fix the problem? I would prefer to fix them both, but the pop-ups are merely an annoyance, but the fact that my torrents randomly stop make it hard to download something unless I stay by my computer at all times.

Any help is appreciated.
Old 05-03-2007, 09:57 PM

Default Re: This program requires the file...

It sound slike you didn't get a clean uninstall of Nero and your file associations are messed up. You can try downloading some of the free registry cleaner apps and other programs that remove all instances of a previous software install. I can't think of the names right now, but I'll post later or someone else can post one.