Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Health and Fitness
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: what screen name should i get?
SmokeSomeGagne 1 20.00%
jewish_smores 0 0%
Ponson1LegAtATime 0 0%
other (specify) 4 80.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-04-2007, 12:06 AM

Default Re: Powerbars... How Bad?

Powerbars are hard to eat... Try a Clifbar, I buy them by the case at Costco.

If your into endurance events, check out Hammer Nutrition products (Google them). I use them when I go Mt biking.
Old 10-04-2007, 12:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
That has some fat-soluble vitamins at a 100% mark, which means you could overload on them through your regular diet very easily. Not sure that's such a good idea. The B6 is also pretty high. That's water-soluble so it can be pissed out, but still people using any other supplements or drinking fortified shakes might want to be cautious. You can get peripheral neuropathy(numbness usually in fingers) from too much B6.

[/ QUOTE ]

RDA for almost every vitamin is ridiculously low, its basically a level of what a person would need to stave off disease. i wouldnt worry about overdosing on vitamins from eating a few powerbars a week, thats borderline ridiculous

[/ QUOTE ]

You've got to do a lot better than that. Whether a vitamin is fat-soluble or not matters. I myself have gotten peripheral neuropathy from too much B-6, and I didn't take all that much. This is not the kind of thing that should be brushed off. That's easier to do with water-soluble vitamins. The obvious exception to the rule, B-6, I fairly pointed out.
Old 10-04-2007, 01:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
That has some fat-soluble vitamins at a 100% mark, which means you could overload on them through your regular diet very easily. Not sure that's such a good idea. The B6 is also pretty high. That's water-soluble so it can be pissed out, but still people using any other supplements or drinking fortified shakes might want to be cautious. You can get peripheral neuropathy(numbness usually in fingers) from too much B6.

[/ QUOTE ]

RDA for almost every vitamin is ridiculously low, its basically a level of what a person would need to stave off disease. i wouldnt worry about overdosing on vitamins from eating a few powerbars a week, thats borderline ridiculous

[/ QUOTE ]

You've got to do a lot better than that. Whether a vitamin is fat-soluble or not matters. I myself have gotten peripheral neuropathy from too much B-6, and I didn't take all that much. This is not the kind of thing that should be brushed off. That's easier to do with water-soluble vitamins. The obvious exception to the rule, B-6, I fairly pointed out.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, you win, the powerbar is an extremely dangerous food product that has caused incredible amounts of death and destruction to any and all who dare consume it
Old 10-04-2007, 02:23 AM

I have cliff bars for the same purpose as powerbars....

Also, the two of you bitching, I think one is talking about "Powerbars" the other about "COMPLETE PRO42 ALMOND ROCKY TRAIL BARs" ...
Old 10-04-2007, 11:25 AM

Like I said, you gotta do better than that.
Old 10-04-2007, 12:01 PM

I take a multivitamin that contains 2500% of daily value of B-6. I probably get 10,000% the daily value of Vitamin C. I agree that RDA are extremely low.
Old 10-04-2007, 12:21 PM

ugh, I cant imagine eating a powerbar as a snack. They are so damn nasty.

Do yourself a favor and go buy some clifbars, they taste about 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000, 000 times better. Chocolate chip peanut butter ones are money, but all the flavors are pretty good.

Seriously, youll never eat another power bar again.
Old 10-04-2007, 01:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I take a multivitamin that contains 2500% of daily value of B-6. I probably get 10,000% the daily value of Vitamin C. I agree that RDA are extremely low.

[/ QUOTE ]

Every vitamin is not the same, and so statements like "the RDA is extremely low" shouldn't be taken as though they apply equally to every vitamin. This is especially the case with fat soluble vitamins, as they don't simply get peed out, but get stored up instead. When it comes down to disagreement with standards, there's no point throwing out the baby with the bathwater.
Old 10-04-2007, 03:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Do yourself a favor and go buy some clifbars, they taste about 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000, 000 times better. Chocolate chip peanut butter ones are money, but all the flavors are pretty good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did youu miss the part where I said I have cliff bars too? Though no PB, maybe thats it...
Old 10-05-2007, 02:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Did youu miss the part where I said I have cliff bars too? Though no PB, maybe thats it...

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah I missed that post. But this makes me really confused now. How the hell can you eat powerbars after having tasted a clifbar? I would be happy to mail you a chocolate peanut butter clifbar, PM me your address as Im positive it will improve your life