Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community

Old 10-23-2007, 04:59 PM

Default Pokertracker for MTT players?

Hi, I recently downloaded Pokertracker with the intention of testing it out during the free tryout period. I was looking for a way to add an extra edge to my already solid poker skills. I mostly play turbo 6.50$ 18 and 45 seat tourneys, the 12/180 and the occasionnal ~12$ buy-in event.
I found that PT seemed to be mostly aimed at cash players because I had no trouble analyzing individual hands but it was harder to import tourney stats... Do all of you serious MTTers use PT or is there an alternative to it? I was mostly interested in keeping track of other players stats than my own... I am also aware of the HUD add-on software for PT, is that the only one offering HUD?
thanks.
Old 10-23-2007, 05:44 PM

Default Re: Pokertracker for MTT players?

[ QUOTE ]
it was harder to import tourney stats...

[/ QUOTE ]

ITM, ROI, Buyin, Winnings, and such stats for MTT's need to be inputed manually. Although it might be possible to import this info from the tourney summary emails you can request from Stars. I don't know, I've never tried. Just use something like thepokerdb to get this info.

When I do use PT for MTT's (which is rarely), I mainly use it to display VPIP and PFR stats on my opponents.
Old 10-23-2007, 06:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
it was harder to import tourney stats...

[/ QUOTE ]

ITM, ROI, Buyin, Winnings, and such stats for MTT's need to be inputed manually. Although it might be possible to import this info from the tourney summary emails you can request from Stars. I don't know, I've never tried. Just use something like thepokerdb to get this info.

When I do use PT for MTT's (which is rarely), I mainly use it to display VPIP and PFR stats on my opponents.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, request Tournament Summaries, Copy them into Notepad. Then go to PT and go File --> Import Tournament Summaries then Select Files.
Old 10-23-2007, 06:37 PM

PT for the daily tournaments aren't worth it imo. Fast table breaks, fast blinds, etc. Something like the WCOOP though, PT would be invaluable.
Old 10-23-2007, 07:27 PM

Does anyone have a good HUD setup that I can use?
Old 10-24-2007, 09:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

so you shelled out the extra bucks to get Pokerace HUD? Does it differentiate stats for tourney and cash games or combines them together for all players?
Is it worth getting PT just for Pokerace for a tourney-only player?
thanks.
Old 10-24-2007, 10:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

so you shelled out the extra bucks to get Pokerace HUD? Does it differentiate stats for tourney and cash games or combines them together for all players?
Is it worth getting PT just for Pokerace for a tourney-only player?
thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is really dependent on the person i think. i know some pros that basically never use pt/pa while they play tourneys. i personally find them invaluable, as when i have several tables open, and have a marginal decision on one, seeing that the guy is 8/4 over 40 hands or whatever, or 40/29 over that same range, is going to help me make that marginal decision. more than that the additional stats, for example, fold bb to steal, can be very useful as well once you get a decent sample size.

i think others feel like it distracts them from making good decisions and also makes them lazy/not pay attention when they arent in a hand. but theyre without a doubt "worth it" from a purely financial standpoint, its like $75 for the combo right, which is nothing compared to the money you stand to make. they were, i believe, the first pieces of poker-related software i ever paid for, and i remember how excited i was when i got PT. my roll was probably like $200 at the time. heh.
Old 10-24-2007, 02:34 PM

Cool, thanks for the valuable information. I'm probably going to get it now.