Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-11-2007, 06:13 PM

Default Your all time favourite WWE/Pro Wrestling moment

I was listening to a podcast today and there was a short drop of the "sexy kurt" skit from smackdown a few years ago during the HBK/Kurt Angle feud. People still remember it and it got me reminiscing of some of the great moments in wwe history. There have been so many great moments but this one has always stood out for me as one of my most favourite.

HBK and Kurt Angle were feuding at the time and one night on Smackdown Angle came out to the ring with HBK's former manager Sensational Sherri. I was watching it and didn't really know where they were going, but what happened next was so hilarious it literally brought me to tears. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Kurt Angle is sooooo awesome. This is still my most favourite pro wrestling moment ever.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=JgXxI0OzpJ4
Old 02-11-2007, 06:41 PM

Default Re: Your all time favourite WWE/Pro Wrestling moment

Speaking of Sherri, my favorite remains to this day Savage/Warrior WM7 retirement match. I was (and still am) a huge Savage mark and that match with the followup angle afterwards was awesome and still has staying power some 16 years later. If only they had the writing creativity to pull something off like that today.
Old 02-11-2007, 07:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Speaking of Sherri, my favorite remains to this day Savage/Warrior WM7 retirement match. I was (and still am) a huge Savage mark and that match with the followup angle afterwards was awesome and still has staying power some 16 years later. If only they had the writing creativity to pull something off like that today.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think what made these angles so great back then was because storyline were built up slowly. Savage and Elizabeth's on and off again relationship were years in the making and when they finally reconciled it was an awesome moment and people in the crowd were actually tearing up. I remembered watching this as a kid with my family. With the exception of me and my dad who were hardcore wrestling fans at the time, the rest of my family were very casual fans. They knew part of the history with Elizabeth and Savage and what happened during that match had everyone buzzing. Even they knew that what they just watched was something VERY special and they were in awe of how good that storyline was from the WWF. They were like, this may be the greatest thing we've ever seen.

New wrestling fans would never understand how much emotional attachment fans had to wrestling back then. Storylines were well thought out and left you with anticipation. As opposed to today's wrestling where things happen at a breakneck pace where wins/losses and titles mean absolutely nothing. I miss those days. This was definately a great moment.
Old 02-11-2007, 07:31 PM

Speaking of emotional attachment. Another one of my most favourite moments ever was Rock vs Hogan at Wrestlemania 18.
This was in Toronto and my friends and I went to get tickets but it was sold out almost immediately. Boy were we pissed. Fine we'll watch it on PPV. I knew the Hogan vs Rock match would be great but I don't think anyone expected what was about to happen. I'm still kicking myself for not being there live. This match had the greatest atmosphere ever. Hulk Hogan was an icon and this was his first match back in Toronto after many many years. He was going up against the number 1 face at the time the rock. As much as the fans loved the rock, this was going to be a very bad night for rocky as everyone was anticipating the return of a legend.

At this time in my life I was already very into the business, so I knew who was winning. This however did not stop me from being totally drained watching this match. I was literally screaming off the top of my lungs for rock to stay down when Hogan drop the legdrop of doom. "Don't kick out you somambitch!!! Don't kick out~~~~!!!!" LOL I've never been so emotionally drained watching any wrestling match and felt my heart sank. It was unbelievable, had I been there live I would've lost my voice. This match made me remember why I loved wrestling so much. This was the greatest atmoshere ever.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=FnzS1eA_j1o
Old 02-11-2007, 08:37 PM

My favorite moment has to be Benoit winning the world title at WM20 and then the post match celebration with Eddy Guerrero. I was so happy it was one of the few times I actually felt like a kid again when watching wrestling. Two guys that no one ever thought would have the chance make it to the top standing together as champions to close out the biggest event of the year.
Old 02-11-2007, 08:43 PM

Another favorite has got to be the Hart/Austin I quit match from WM 13. This was such an epic match and the crowd was hot for both guys. The match itself was great and the ending was very creative(of course now it's been copied a bunch of times) and the double turn was genius. It was also the birth of arguably the biggest star the industry's seen. This was one of those moments where you knew you just witnessed something special.
Old 02-11-2007, 08:55 PM

Great picks! The Austin/Hart match was a masterpiece. I've never seen anything like the double turn before, pure creative genius.
Old 02-11-2007, 09:03 PM

Has anyone here seen the AAA - when worlds collide PPV? this was my first introduction to Lucha. Although I'm not a big fan of Lucha, I just remember what an awesome show this was. This was the first time I've ever saw Rey Mysterio, Pscicosis, the late Eddie Guerrero and Art Barr. This was a real eye opener as to how good these guys are. Guys like Rey Mysterio in the WWE is just a shell of what he used to be when he was allowed to work without restrictions.
Old 02-11-2007, 10:09 PM

Here is one of my favs!

Jericho's debut on Raw
Old 02-11-2007, 10:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Here is one of my favs!

Jericho's debut on Raw

[/ QUOTE ]

I've watched that probably a dozen times in my life and I get goosebumps everytime the Titantrom says JERICHO.

What's Jericho up to right now? He hurt or something? I haven't been following that closely.