Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 11-27-2007, 11:44 PM

Default BSG: Razor (movie, spoilers)

did anyone else catch this? goddamn this is great, a return to season 1 and 2 awesomeness imo.

the opening scenes which go back to the Cylon attack, the scene where they board the civilian ship, the weaving in of the old school TV cylons just awesome.

I sometimes found the skipping between plots now/then was a bit confusing, but I managed.

thoughts?
Old 11-28-2007, 12:05 AM

Default Re: BSG: Razor (movie, spoilers)

I stopped watching BSG in the middle of the third season after I stopped liking it in the middle of the second.

I did somehow manage to catch this. It was pretty good until the stupid and predictable ending(and the bizarre prophecy [censored]). It was kind of a microcosm of my previous BSG experience, I was really enjoying it and then I was like "Man this is stupid, we know [spoiler] doesn't [spoiler], there's no dramatic tension here!". Then the old guy bathtub scene happened and I remembered why I stopped watching the damn show.

These episodes would've been a lot better if shown in chronological order, as is it was a recursive flashback and that does not create uncertainty in the viewing audience.
Old 11-28-2007, 12:11 AM

the ending was super predictable, I agree.

the first hour was def. better than the last half hour. the prophecy stuff I find pretty cool, b/c it's an element of mystery/unknown that presumably will be revealed or discussed in the future
Old 11-28-2007, 12:21 AM

It was ok. They still got some cool looking combat scenes as usual.
I too liked seeing the old school "Centurian" Cylons. Gues they all got phased out and scraped for parts to build the bucket heads.
Old 11-28-2007, 12:27 AM

Loved it. Then again it appears you guys didn't like the last season and i still liked it a lot. Can't wait for SSN 4.
Old 11-28-2007, 01:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]

the first hour was def. better than the last half hour. the prophecy stuff I find pretty cool, b/c it's an element of mystery/unknown that presumably will be revealed or discussed in the future

[/ QUOTE ]

I've read rumors that with the WGA strike NBC/Universal might just kill off BSG rather than wrap it up.

All the prophecy stuff seems like filler to me, writers killing time waiting for real ideas. To each his own, though.
Old 11-28-2007, 08:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've read rumors that with the WGA strike NBC/Universal might just kill off BSG rather than wrap it up.

All the prophecy stuff seems like filler to me, writers killing time waiting for real ideas. To each his own, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

an intv I read said that they have 10 hours of season 4 already done
Old 11-28-2007, 10:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would have to hurt someone if this turned out to be true.
Old 11-28-2007, 02:14 PM

Immediately following the RAZOR broadcast on SciFi, there were ads for the upcoming season, scheduled to begin in March. I doubt they would advertise something they were planning to kill. BG is one of their most popular shows. The most the strike would do at this point is delay the season opener.
Old 11-28-2007, 04:35 PM

No, they've already done half of the upcoming season. The second half hasn't begun production yet, and if they have to shut down the whole show it will be very expensive to bring it back online.