Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2007, 01:05 AM

Default Re: toughts on optimal hu strategy

[ QUOTE ]
Oh, one other thought, I know back in the party days I would just push like 95% of hands from the sb when I had 10bbs or less. I have been pushing a little less now when either of us has 4 or less bbs simply because people call muuuch lighter. Maybe its just because of the red name but I think it might be helping my results. Anyone else experienced the same thing?

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure if you are talking about pushing in the SB/Button HU at the end of the game ITM, or just bvb in general in the SB. I know you and bigjoe advocate pushing pretty light with 10bbs in the regular game pre bubble, but I've been called light enough that I'm folding low trash now if villain is a reg, even in 16s, as I'll get called down by quite a few hands if reg is decent.
Old 11-26-2007, 01:17 AM

when ur down to 4bb i dont think it matters so much if u continue to shove wide, i dont think you should be tightening up much there as youve lost most of your equity and any hand that could play well vs his wide range is worth it that short.

as far as 20bb play, 2.5x and staying aggro from the button is pretty standard, limping with some nice SCs and good hands to control pots/take flops with. i dont have a problem 2 barreling on good cards and betting river after turn checks through and cbets get called because of how weak tight i feel like a lot of these players play. if you think the redname gets people to try to "keep you honest" or whatever BS is usually out there then id obv tone down the aggression in some of those spots and just try to control pots and see and just try and chip away and what not....id still be raising my Ax/kx hands but like the sexy SCs and and what not maybe ok to take more limp/call lines/float lines etc...

also if hes a reasonable player 20+ishbb is fine for restealing IMO. hard to discern random ranges but im sure you can run #s and figure out good ones based on reads.
Old 11-26-2007, 01:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I watched sheets play a large sng on pokerxfactor once (im a subscriber but rarely watch the videos due to lack of time).

Anyway the way he played HU with 20bbs really surprised me. He folded more than 80% of his hands then shoved the rest. I dont know his reasoning.

[/ QUOTE ]

At 20 bbs i definitely would not be folding or shoving. 2.5x and completing/betting most flops would also happen alot
Old 11-26-2007, 01:49 AM

btw i saw u at the world series a few times and you never said hi [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 11-26-2007, 03:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I watched sheets play a large sng on pokerxfactor once (im a subscriber but rarely watch the videos due to lack of time).

Anyway the way he played HU with 20bbs really surprised me. He folded more than 80% of his hands then shoved the rest. I dont know his reasoning.

[/ QUOTE ]

ill go out on a limb here and say his reasoning was that he didnt want to give away any info on his HU play w/ those stacks lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe he's just not that good a dancer.

Anyways with 20 bbs it's super player dependent.
If hes passive cally limp and bet a lot of flops
If hes agro to your limps LRAI
If hes tight raise a bunch
Obviously this is over simplifying it but you should be mixing it up a bunch
Old 11-26-2007, 03:44 AM

Vs a lot of weak players you can just limp and min bet any flop and take it down. Like everybody else said everything is very player dependent. There are some regs that never adjust their ranges vs regs and shove waaaaayy too much with 10 bbs. Just call light and profit.

You'll get the feel back for HU's if you keep grinding SNGs especially if you aren't playing 12+ tables. Also, coach me on getting 100% rb.