Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events

View Poll Results: Do you sell the method?
Yes 27 40.91%
No 39 59.09%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-23-2007, 11:27 PM

Default Re: College Football Week 13

[ QUOTE ]
iron- Only two teams are allowed per conference. LSU and UGA look like those two teams right now

[/ QUOTE ]
Generally, the loser of the SEC championship does NOT get the 2nd bid. (ie. ARK and LSU previous years). UF should most likely be in the discussion of BCS at large.

actually, i forgot that utenn leads the east (ugh). so yeah, UGA probably will get it if Utenn goes.
Old 11-23-2007, 11:29 PM

LOL @ Hawaii XPs!!! 19-14 though. I'm surprised by how effective the Hawaii offense is, Boise doesn't have a good defense by any stretch, but they have better raw athletes than any of Hawaii's opponents so far and I really thought that was all it would take to slow Hawaii down.

Meanwhile, Boise has punted a lot more (and a lot better... wow... pinned that one at the three) than I expected them to have to in this game. I still have a lot of trouble imagining Hawaii winning this game but with the lead and the ball I guess I'm going to have to start acknowledging that it's at least a possibility.
Old 11-23-2007, 11:32 PM

Location: Clinging to the binomial theorem like a drunk to a lamppost

[ QUOTE ]
SO...is USC somewhat back in the picture?

[/ QUOTE ]

For a BCS bowl? Sure. For the national championship? Nuh-uh.

In any case, LOL at all of the BCS explodaments this season.
Old 11-23-2007, 11:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah. Colorado got a 5th and goal play against Mizzou, which they needed to win the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Imo, this is sort of a great college football myth, or at least misunderstanding of what actually happened. The refs screwed up, but if they didn't, Colorado very well might have won anyway, assuming subsequent events to the screwup happened the same way.

To recap. On 3rd down (according to the refs/sticks, but the actual 4th down), Colorado spiked the ball to stop the clock, then on 4th down (real 5th down), they ran the ball for a TD.

If the refs/sticks had said "4th down" I am kinda guessing CU wouldn't have spiked the ball to stop the clock?? They probably would have ran the ball attempting to score, perhaps the same play they ran on 4th/5th down which resulted in a TD.

I always thought Colorado got a bum rap for this game/season. The refs screwed up, and Colorado's play calling was predicated on bad info. With correct info (real 4th down) they would have run an actual play instead of spiking the ball. They deserve the benefit of the doubt here.
Old 11-23-2007, 11:36 PM

i think after watching the KU-MU game tomorrow, a lot of you that haven't seen either team play will change your mind about about the NC game being bad. Whichever team wins, they are both fun to watch. Just because no one is used to hearing about KU or MU doesn't mean the NC game is going to suck, imo.
Old 11-23-2007, 11:44 PM

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] D-Line INTs!
Old 11-24-2007, 12:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah. Colorado got a 5th and goal play against Mizzou, which they needed to win the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Imo, this is sort of a great college football myth, or at least misunderstanding of what actually happened. The refs screwed up, but if they didn't, Colorado very well might have won anyway, assuming subsequent events to the screwup happened the same way.

To recap. On 3rd down (according to the refs/sticks, but the actual 4th down), Colorado spiked the ball to stop the clock, then on 4th down (real 5th down), they ran the ball for a TD.

If the refs/sticks had said "4th down" I am kinda guessing CU wouldn't have spiked the ball to stop the clock?? They probably would have ran the ball attempting to score, perhaps the same play they ran on 4th/5th down which resulted in a TD.

I always thought Colorado got a bum rap for this game/season. The refs screwed up, and Colorado's play calling was predicated on bad info. With correct info (real 4th down) they would have run an actual play instead of spiking the ball. They deserve the benefit of the doubt here.

[/ QUOTE ]

seems like the coaches should know what down it is ..but thats just me
Old 11-24-2007, 12:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
OSU has no case if WV and Kansas win out. My God, they don't even play again and it's Nov. 23rd. That right there is enough to keep them out.

[/ QUOTE ]

West Virginia has played no one all season (including a loss). Close games against Cincinnati, Louisville and a loss against South Florida are about as unimpressive as an 11-1 team gets.

To the fools who say WV is a lock in the National Title game- don't think so. I'd say WV has at least a 30% chance at losing. UConn has a decent defense and has a fair chance at beating WV. Even Pitt could play a good game and beat them.
Old 11-24-2007, 12:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

seems like the coaches should know what down it is ..but thats just me

[/ QUOTE ]
I remember something very similar happening in an NFL game a few years ago, they had it marked third down but was actually 4th and 2ish and threw a pass instead of trying a fg. The refs corrected their mistake and gave the ball to the other team. I assume this would have been the correct ruling in that game had it been pointed out.
Old 11-24-2007, 12:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me guess you think it was a legit clipping call to negate Ishmael's punt return TD too huh?

[censored] Colorado. Dont you have another female player to rape?

<font color="white">Not that I'm bitter or anything :-p</font>