Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2007, 10:53 PM

Default Re: Canterbury drama last night

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I guess I am about the money and having the least hassle while trying to get that money. Paying a $6 drop (ok $5 for high limit) is not something I am ever going to do. For them to take advantage of you in that way and for you to enjoy it so completely is laughable.

If the customers had any say Canterbury would have more of a selection of games, a reasonable rake and no limit. But I see what you mean about my opinion being irrelevant.

Do this, tell them you have 5 friends and you want to play a mixed game, you will pay their enormous rake and you don't mind if other players join. Why would they say no if they were remotely reasonable and about profit?

The place is for suckers.

[/ QUOTE ]

The fact that they do not spread mixed games does not mean the place is for suckers.

Wanting them to spread mixed games is not at all unreasonable. I have no problem with that complaint.

But just because they don;t spread the games you want doesn't mean that "the dealers and the floor at Canterbury are the products of a bad system". The dealers are great, and I have many pros who play in lots of places who will agree with me. Just because the way they do some things there pisses you off, doesn't mean that the dealers aren't the best around.

You can't beat the 15 game there, can you?

[/ QUOTE ]

blah blah blah. I don't have any problem with you having the unreasonable opinion that Canterbury is run great but you hurt your argument when you start making up things. I don't play at Canterbury for many reasons not the least of which is that there are no no limit games and the limit games are too small.

I notice you aren't defending the whole $6 drop thing. Wouldn't that alone pretty much make Canterbury a room for suckers?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the $6 drop is high. I don't play in those games.

Most poker rooms are for suckers, regardless of rake, because most people suck at poker. That is why I don't have to have a job.

The rake only went up recently, so I assume in your eyes it was not a room for suckers before that? How often were you playing there before the rake went up?

I never made anything up. I simply asked if you could beat the 15 game there. Can you? My suspicion is that you cannot. Or if you can, it is only for a tiny amount, and thus it is pointless for you to play there.

I find it hysterical that you feel my opinion that Canterbury is well run is 'unreasonable'. Please tell me what rooms, which have these bigger games that you play in, are well run. I would love to check them out.

I'd also love to play in whatever limit games you are playing in. Where do you find games bigger than 30/60 in which to play?
Old 11-13-2007, 11:12 PM

I also have a blog, it won't take you long to find it just look to the right it is one of the flashing banners. I play mid levels online 30-60 and 50-100 and 5-10 and 10-20 NL. I usually play between 11-4 on FTP, Bodog or Cake, I haven't had to do anything other than poker for a long time.

As far as the rooms go, ironically I prefer The Wynn and I always thought Jesse did a good job at Canterbury. Other than that I like the Bellagio. Mostly though I play online, I am a 39 year old man with a family and that works best for me. Couple the low rake, game selection and rakeback and you can see why I am not eager to get to Canterbury.

I don't mind agreeing to disagree, you sound like someone who really looks for discourse. Good luck with that.
Old 11-13-2007, 11:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I also have a blog, it won't take you long to find it just look to the right it is one of the flashing banners. I play mid levels online 30-60 and 50-100 and 5-10 and 10-20 NL. I usually play between 11-4 on FTP, Bodog or Cake, I haven't had to do anything other than poker for a long time.

As far as the rooms go, ironically I prefer The Wynn and I always thought Jesse did a good job at Canterbury. Other than that I like the Bellagio. Mostly though I play online, I am a 39 year old man with a family and that works best for me. Couple the low rake, game selection and rakeback and you can see why I am not eager to get to Canterbury.

I don't mind agreeing to disagree, you sound like someone who really looks for discourse. Good luck with that.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is all very reasonable given your situation.

That said, it doesn't sound like you play nearly enough live poker to comment intelligently about what makes a good room or which rooms are better than others.

I am not going to argue that live is better/more economical than online. The benefits of playing online are obvious, but that is not what we are discussing here.
Old 11-13-2007, 11:36 PM

I have played poker for 15 years. I have been a paid consultant for both online and off for the last five. I would say when people pay you to help them that makes you an expert.

I am going to guess you will disagree just on principle at this point.
Old 11-13-2007, 11:42 PM

This thread has taken a turn for the stupid.

"I like Canterbury better."
"Well I like Bellagio better."
"I'm right."
"No I'm right."
"You don't even play much live."
"But I really know what I'm talking about."
"Canterbury is better."
"no it isn't. I don't like high rake. I like mixed-games."
Old 11-13-2007, 11:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have played poker for 15 years. I have been a paid consultant for both online and off for the last five. I would say when people pay you to help them that makes you an expert.

I am going to guess you will disagree just on principle at this point.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not an expert. You win.
Old 11-13-2007, 11:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

"I'm right."
"No I'm right."
"Canterbury is better."

[/ QUOTE ]

well, i am not very bright. didn't you already know that?
Old 11-14-2007, 12:08 AM

Ive played at all the places Bob has played and many more and I dont think it is even close as far as customer service goes. There are some things I dont like about Cbury, but there are many more things that I dislike about other places. In fact I and many other regulars at Cbury feel almost spoiled. I have had many sessions at places like Bellagio, Commerce, especially more random spots where I was more on tilt from the level of service I recieved than the results of my session. Ive never had this experience @ Cbury. I will say that I am more apt to let things slide @ Cbury as a result of the quality of the service I have received in the past.
Old 11-14-2007, 01:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

"I'm right."
"No I'm right."
"Canterbury is better."

[/ QUOTE ]

well, i am not very bright. didn't you already know that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup. Takes one to know one of course. Probably just a thing with Bob's in general.
Old 11-14-2007, 03:41 AM

What the hell? The Rake went up? I haven't been there in a few months. So 5 max drop and 1 for bad beat jackpot? Thats lame as hell.