Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Am I a douchebag?
Yes 175 62.06%
No 107 37.94%
Voters: 282. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 03:50 AM

Default Re: Salazaar Owes Me 1k dollars.

[ QUOTE ]
[ ] Win decent monies in a bet
[x] getting screwed by one of the worst posters on the site
[ ] situation solved
[x] lesson learned the hard way

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-13-2007, 03:57 AM

Back story on kyleb welching?
Old 11-13-2007, 04:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Back story on kyleb welching?

[/ QUOTE ]

He didn't welch. He just didn't insta pay the guy because it was a small sum of money and it wasn't on the top of his list of things to do.

Dude got pretty pissed and started a thread asking Kyleb to pay...Kyleb acts like dude is homeless for even bringing it up, which didn't go over to well with the common folk...Kyleb pays ~1 week after the bet should have been paid.
Old 11-13-2007, 04:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have a serious question...I read 2+2 all the time and post occasionally. Are there REALLY that many people on here that can make a $1,000.00 at the drop of a hat. I am not just talking about this "bet"...I just want to know how many of you guys are like me and cringe when you lose $20 at a home poker tourney!?!?!

[/ QUOTE ]

i would cringe if i lost at a home poker tourney but not because of the money.

[/ QUOTE ]

VNH
Old 11-13-2007, 05:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
<font color="red"> </font> ***BREAKING NEWS***

<font color="black"> </font> I will pay Salazar 1.5k if he pays OP 1k. He has to pay first ldo.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll book this for up to 3k if you want jess.

[/ QUOTE ]booked for 10k. post proof.
Old 11-13-2007, 10:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
lol, this is one of those Machiavielli moments: if the other party is not going to uphold the agreement, you have no responsibility to do so either. I seriously doubt that OP would have paid were he wrong, so I wouldn't feel that I should pay either.

[/ QUOTE ]
this is BS i still remember all the peeps (3) that have stiffed me in a similar situation as the OP.
Example relating to quote
Guy i have known for a while and i are playing pool and start playing for 5 bucks a game. I am slightly better than him and eventually after handing fives back and forth get up $15 and he wants to play for ten a game next im up 75 and ask if he wants to stop "no" im up 105 "lets make it 50 a game" he says me "ok" im up 255 when the bar closes i ask for the money ("to pay my tab"). he responds that if i didn't have the money to pay my tab how was i gonna pay him if i had lost 255? i get $15 out of him and a statement that he will pay in installments. I thought he wouldhave had that much on him and he stiffs later saying i owuld not have paid him if i had lost that much.
Fat Rich guy in the bar that i have known from the bar for years says something like the falcons have never been to the superbowl. I remember the only weekend i ever spent in jail getting score updates from the CO'S, and dispute this claim. he says ill write you a check for 1k if the falcons have ever been to the superbowl. bartender produces evidence on the spot form the intraweb. fat guy says oh! ill buy you a shot you are right and i get pissed because he really owes me 1K.
bail a guy out in a game HE is hosting when he loses more than he can pay out still waiting on that money too.
the point is it really sucks getting stiffed when you are an honest person who pays their bets when they lose
Old 11-13-2007, 10:50 AM

Just sell the debt to some internet enforcer..
Old 11-13-2007, 10:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
lol, this is one of those Machiavielli moments: if the other party is not going to uphold the agreement, you have no responsibility to do so either. I seriously doubt that OP would have paid were he wrong, so I wouldn't feel that I should pay either.

[/ QUOTE ]
this is BS i still remember all the peeps (3) that have stiffed me in a similar situation as the OP.
Example relating to quote
Guy i have known for a while and i are playing pool and start playing for 5 bucks a game. I am slightly better than him and eventually after handing fives back and forth get up $15 and he wants to play for ten a game next im up 75 and ask if he wants to stop "no" im up 105 "lets make it 50 a game" he says me "ok" im up 255 when the bar closes i ask for the money ("to pay my tab"). he responds that if i didn't have the money to pay my tab how was i gonna pay him if i had lost 255? i get $15 out of him and a statement that he will pay in installments. I thought he wouldhave had that much on him and he stiffs later saying i owuld not have paid him if i had lost that much.
Fat Rich guy in the bar that i have known from the bar for years says something like the falcons have never been to the superbowl. I remember the only weekend i ever spent in jail getting score updates from the CO'S, and dispute this claim. he says ill write you a check for 1k if the falcons have ever been to the superbowl. bartender produces evidence on the spot form the intraweb. fat guy says oh! ill buy you a shot you are right and i get pissed because he really owes me 1K.
bail a guy out in a game HE is hosting when he loses more than he can pay out still waiting on that money too.
the point is it really sucks getting stiffed when you are an honest person who pays their bets when they lose

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel your pain here.. and to the people saying oh it wasn't really a bet, you are all tards. Salazar said it was a bet, he should pay up.

Someone bet me 500$ 2 years ago that the Yankees would go to the WS, when they were playing the Tigers.. He never paid, cuz he didn't remember making the bet cuz he was drinking. Someone else bet me 1k, that all the peoples pictures on US $ were presidents. Never paid.
Old 11-13-2007, 11:08 AM

Im sending the Team Razor heavies round later to sort this [censored] mess out.
Old 11-13-2007, 02:19 PM

Still no word from Salazaar on paying this bet. Why has he at least not been banned for this?
Closed Thread