Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 09:38 PM

Default Re: AP thread 872.6 - Statement ITT

[ QUOTE ]
well- this probably belongs in this thread- although one part has me worried how people will react to it.

anyhow... pokerpages mike paulle entry

and Justin West does a 180... erm.. wait... a 90... erm... well you decide.

[/ QUOTE ]

West is worthless. He claims he spent hours pouring over the potripper hands but couldn't see any indications of cheating. I watched the video with my brother, and after a while we were crying laughing so hard (sorry in advance to those of you that played him in the tourney and were scammed) but to look at that re-creation video and NOT see anything unusual means that you have drank the kool aid.

Even his "mea culpa" post seems to want to dispute something, but I'm not clear on what. Neither is he. But my point is that any "authority" who didn' go hmmmmm when they saw that tournament is no authority at all. I don't think there will ever be another Potripper. There may be other superusers, but I don't think we will see one this obvious again. If West couldn't find this Waldo, prospects at finding the next one are slim to none. But I'm sure the coffee is good.
Old 10-22-2007, 09:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
well- this probably belongs in this thread- although one part has me worried how people will react to it.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
The player was an employee of Absolute and could see all the hands. This is technically simply if one has the right access. I’ve seen the ‘client’ opened, that shows all the hands, when I worked the WSOP for PokerStars a few years ago. It’s frightening.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yikes!

[/ QUOTE ]

I was 99% sure this was viable but for someone on the inside of poker to say this is really scary because I just don't have a lot of faith in people when large sums of money are involved.

I mean somebody working probably strives to retire early and this has got to be golden ticket to early retirement.

Terrence Chan likes to voice his opinion on his blong and wasn't he an ex PokerStars employee. What's his take on this whole thing. Is this a fact that this can happen at Stars?
Old 10-22-2007, 09:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Justin West does a 180... erm.. wait... a 90... erm... well you decide.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know many readers may be quick to say that the existence of a "super-user" hasn't been disproven. Well, honestly, it never will be. Absolute Poker - nor any other poker site, for that matter - would ever provide such a detailed explanation of the inner workings of their own website. But that doesn't mean the super-user exists. I do not believe it does. What we have here is clearly a case of compromised software, not an existing element.

God Almighty this guy is dumb.
Old 10-22-2007, 09:57 PM

Any chance Paulle was watching a final table replay or something and got confused? Seems like a pretty heavy accusation to just throw out off the cuff like that.
Old 10-22-2007, 09:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
The player was an employee of Absolute and could see all the hands. This is technically simply if one has the right access. I’ve seen the ‘client’ opened, that shows all the hands, when I worked the WSOP for PokerStars a few years ago. It’s frightening.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yikes!

[/ QUOTE ]

I was 99% sure this was viable but for someone on the inside of poker to say this is really scary because I just don't have a lot of faith in people when large sums of money are involved.

I mean somebody working probably strives to retire early and this has got to be golden ticket to early retirement.

Terrence Chan likes to voice his opinion on his blong and wasn't he an ex PokerStars employee. What's his take on this whole thing. Is this a fact that this can happen at Stars?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think he's saying he saw this on Stars.....
Old 10-22-2007, 09:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait, WHAT?
Old 10-22-2007, 10:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Any chance Paulle was watching a final table replay or something and got confused? Seems like a pretty heavy accusation to just throw out off the cuff like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Watching final table replays now frightens me...especially if only some of the players hands are exposed.

gg
Old 10-22-2007, 10:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
these accounts may have existed for some time, MAY have been used to "responsibly skim" money by some and Potripper was a wasted/drunk/high/egomaniac, and that's why he was so friggin obvious.

[/ QUOTE ]

This seems like a very likely scenario.
Old 10-22-2007, 10:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
these accounts may have existed for some time, MAY have been used to "responsibly skim" money by some and Potripper was a wasted/drunk/high/egomaniac, and that's why he was so friggin obvious.

[/ QUOTE ]

This seems like a very likely scenario.

[/ QUOTE ]

Apparently coke is great drug, but it absolutely impairs your absolute judgment.

gg
Old 10-22-2007, 10:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

and Justin West does a 180... erm.. wait... a 90... erm... well you decide.

[/ QUOTE ]

From Justin West

[ QUOTE ]

There are general questions, however, not necessarily mine. Even in the wake of all this, and even though I'll say now for the record that my belief that no cheating was going on was perhaps a bit short-sighted, at least some of what many players believed appears at this point to be incorrect:

[/ QUOTE ]

Short-sighted? Lol no, you just [censored] suck at poker and interpreting evidence.

[ QUOTE ]

- There is no "super-user." Instead, existing software was "manipulated" in such a way as to allow the cheater to view hole cards.
I know many readers may be quick to say that the existence of a "super-user" hasn't been disproven. Well, honestly, it never will be.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you admit it can never be "disproven" that a super user account exists, yet you state emphatically "there is no superuser".. I see. And what proof is there to refute the superuser account? Oh yeah, AP said it amongst their half-truths and lies in order to conjure up another story.

[ QUOTE ]

- As was suggested by many early on, the player in question had no ability to see what cards were coming down the road.

[/ QUOTE ]

At no point was this ever one of our claims. Perhaps some morons suggested this might be the case (I'll vote P5's), but for anyone that had a clue, it was pretty damn clear that he could only see holecards, and other retarded theories were shot down by posters.

[ QUOTE ]

- It would appear that Absolute Poker as an entity was not deliberately cheating its players, and instead a rogue element within the company took it upon himself to abuse his skills, knowledge, and place within the company for personal benefit, whether monetary or spite.

[/ QUOTE ]

Once again, I'm glad you're so receptive to AP's claims. If only more people were as stupid as you, this issue would've ceased after the first email response where you were guaranteed that "Absolute takes claims of cheating very seriously and an investigation into this issue is underway, your pal ~ Scott Tom"
Closed Thread