Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2007, 11:39 PM

Default Re: Applicability of Stox\'s book to mid-level, live LHE (no play conte

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
it makes less sense to push certain small edges early as bigger edges may be available and apparent post flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

What he said.

Why worry about squeezing an extra 2 cents from Q8s on the button, when they will be drawing to 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 outers and presenting you with lots of money on the flop, turn and river.

But, Stox's book is a valuable read anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you saying to toss Q8s? Cause thats a pretty standard raise for me otb. Blind stealing works much better live b/c people chop all the time and don't feel comfortable playing in the blinds. Toss in position and the fact that can outplay them postflop and I'm looking to get in with as many hands as possible against your standard 15/30, 20/40 live guy

[/ QUOTE ]

My point has to do with squeezing an extra penny from the hand and not a question of playing the hand. In tough games like the ones Stox is writing about, the extra pennies differentiate great players and is likely necessary, in most good mid limit games that is not so.