Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-04-2007, 07:23 PM

Default 25NL Overpair runs into check/minraise

I hate check/minraises. I like that flop, but it is early in the session so I don't know the guy and therefore I don't want to reraise him here. Standard call and reevaluation on the turn? I don't really know what I want to see there that makes me continue other than a T. Every undercard makes the board more straightening. Every overcard sucks, obv. Is a call spew? I'm lost in these spots and I feel taken advantage of so often here on these low boards that are unlikely to have hit overcards. What if the board was two colored?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

MP ($12.35)
CO ($13.01)
Hero ($25.30)
SB ($27.76)
BB ($31.90)
UTG ($18.72)

Preflop: Hero is Button with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.10.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls $0.75.

Flop: ($2.10) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $1.75</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $3.5</font>, Hero ?
Old 03-04-2007, 07:33 PM

Default Re: 25NL Overpair runs into check/minraise

I'm in the call and re-evaluate-turn-camp. You've got position and I think you can safely fold to a strong bet on the turn. In my experience this is anything from monster to a small piece of the board trying to fold out overs.
Old 03-04-2007, 08:06 PM

Default Re: 25NL Overpair runs into check/minraise

I think just call and reevaluate the turn. With no reads this could be a lot of hands. If BB likes his hand enough to make a real bet on the turn then I'm willing to let it go, but his min-raise is not going to make me fold here.