Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2007, 07:42 PM

Default Re: Micro tournament problems

Today I did some modifications on my play. I tried to avoid big pots with marginal hands and I played a lot more aggressive in the late stages. I had a couple of beats, and lost most pairs vs over cards and over cars vs under pair races. I did, however, get my best position yet(60th) in the stars 25kg micro buy-in. The hand I got busted on was just purely stupid play on my side, but I was getting short and had only 18 big blinds left.

It worked better for me, but it can very likely be a big coincidence. Any thoughts on the adjustments? Stupid?
Old 10-19-2007, 07:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Today I did some modifications on my play. I tried to avoid big pots with marginal hands and I played a lot more aggressive in the late stages. I had a couple of beats, and lost most pairs vs over cards and over cars vs under pair races. I did, however, get my best position yet(60th) in the stars 25kg micro buy-in. The hand I got busted on was just purely stupid play by my side, but I was getting short and had only 18 big blinds left.

It worked better for me, but it can very likely be a big coincidence. Any thought on the adjustments? Stupid?

[/ QUOTE ]

win coinflips, thats all
Old 10-19-2007, 08:42 PM

So you played like 15 tournaments. And this is your career? Not much of a career.
Old 10-19-2007, 08:45 PM

I've never claimed to have a career in poker, neither did I make this post to brag. I didn't mention any number of tournaments on expekt, but I will guess somewhere between 30-50. I'm a student who plays poker as a hobby, and were hoping for some comments or ideas on how to improve my tournament strategy.
Old 10-19-2007, 09:06 PM

you play in some heavy [censored] tournaments
Old 10-19-2007, 09:11 PM

What's so wrong about them? I like the idea of risking little and having the chance of winning much.