Liger 64 30.05%
Voters: 213. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 05:59 PM

Default Re: *** Official August - October Chatter Thread ***

I dont really have much comment other than lowell is a FA
Old 10-30-2007, 10:02 PM

Do any of the major sports betting sites have peer to peer transfers? I'd really like to get a few K on one but p2p seems like the only way I could do it.
Old 10-30-2007, 10:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone have any thoughts on this prop?

What team will Alex Rodriguez be playing for on Opening Day '08?
Any wagers placed after outcome becomes public knowledge will be graded as No Action. No refunds. No Parlays. Max $100

Boston Red Sox - 11/2
Chicago Cubs - 4/1
Detroit Tigers - 5/1
Los Angeles Angels - 3/1
Los Angeles Dodgers - 7/2
New York Mets - 8/1
New York Yankees - 5/1
Philadelphia Phillies - 9/1
San Francisco Giants - 10/1
Field (Any Other Team) - 5/2

Red Sox - no, have Lowell.
Cubs - no, unless Cuban gets the team which I don't see happening.
Dodgers - no
Tigers - maybe, just got Renteria at SS, but A Rod is too big to play SS now IMO. Have Inge at third, but they could get rid of him easily.
Mets - no money, already have David Wright
Yankees - no, they'll look like fools if they do
Phillies - no idea
Giants - have spent big money before. sold tons of tickets on bonds name alone, could do the same with a rod since he's projected to beat bonds record
Field - Braves have been dumping a lot of salary, but I don't think they'd really drop 35 mil for him. White Sox - maybe. Rest I don't think so.

i'm leaning towards bets on Tigers and Giants

[/ QUOTE ]

Giants line looks interesting. Why did you eliminate the Angels from consideration?
Old 10-30-2007, 11:33 PM

Does anyone know when the banks need to start reporting my transactions? I need to take about $50,000 out of my bank account this week and send them to the books. I must do it this week because I leave for Russia next Monday and will be gone for 2-3 months min.

I believe the banks need to report anything over $10,000. However, will they report if I take $9,000 out each day?

Thanks
Old 10-30-2007, 11:39 PM

you can get nailed for structuring and a suspicious activity report filed againist you which would likely trigger attention you really don't want your way
Old 10-31-2007, 12:50 AM

Utah,

What you're asking about -- Structuring, i.e. specifically arranging transactions to avoid the Bank Secrecy Act -- is a very serious crime, with very serious jail time and/or fines attached.

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/ht...4----000-.html

The Bank Secrecy Act makes a Suspicious Activity Report mandatory on anything over 10k, but with BSA SAR procedures in place, if you pull out 50k in a weeks time no matter how you do it, you're going to get a SAR filed, even if you (illegally structure to) make transactions of 5k each.

Short, direct answer: if you're pulling 50k out of your account this week, you're getting a SAR filed, no matter how you do it.

But if you're regularly traveling to Russia you're already on the terrorist list anyways, so its not exactly the top of your worry list. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

-P
Old 10-31-2007, 01:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Utah,

What you're asking about -- Structuring, i.e. specifically arranging transactions to avoid the Bank Secrecy Act -- is a very serious crime, with very serious jail time and/or fines attached.

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/ht...4----000-.html

The Bank Secrecy Act makes a Suspicious Activity Report mandatory on anything over 10k, but with BSA SAR procedures in place, if you pull out 50k in a weeks time no matter how you do it, you're going to get a SAR filed, even if you (illegally structure to) make transactions of 5k each.

Short, direct answer: if you're pulling 50k out of your account this week, you're getting a SAR filed, no matter how you do it.

But if you're regularly traveling to Russia you're already on the terrorist list anyways, so its not exactly the top of your worry list. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

-P

[/ QUOTE ]so is it best just to pull the $50k at one time and let them file a damn report? What do they do with such reports. Do they send in a team to do surveillance on me?
Old 10-31-2007, 02:16 AM

Yes, they're going to file regardless if you're pulling out 50k in cash in a week, so its best if you pull out the money in whatever time is convenient for you -- I assume that's $50k in a single chunk as you're going to have to go in to the bank to pull it out.

All it means is a report gets filed to the Department of the Treasury and to the IRS. FinCEN isn't likely do do anything, especially if this is a single transaction and not a regular parttern. If you're routinely withdrawing big chunks of money and traveling overseas, who knows what kind of attention you're drawing inside the DoTres or DoJ.

The IRS will simply get notification that you've withdrawn the money -- I'm assuming you're paying taxes on whatever hits your bank account regardless, but if for some reason if you're not, know that the IRS will have a record of 50k leaving your account on this date in their files/etc.

-P
Old 10-31-2007, 08:38 PM

Snooker- The Northern Ireland Trophy- 4th Nov

Ian McCulloch vs Alan McManus

McCulloch -115 Pinny
McManus +125 Bodog

Hmmmm, who knows Snooker better Pinny or Bodog?
Old 10-31-2007, 09:50 PM

Skybet: McCulloch 5/6, McManus, 5/6
Paddy Power: McCulloch 4/6, McManus 11/10

Pinny line has moved to -124/+114 now.
Closed Thread