Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2007, 07:44 PM

Default Re: KK I don\'t beat anything here do I?

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know why you call that reraise on the flop if you're going to fold on the turn...Did you not think the Villain was going to bet? You have a sd and could possibly win with pairing the board. I'm not saying that it's a bad fold, but I don't understand why you would call that flop bet and then procede to fold the turn bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

The reason I folded the turn is because when villain two barrels that narrows down his hand range quite a bit.

We are also a little deep, I really don't think calling the flop was all that bad, I had posiiton and I wanted to see how he would react on the turn to my flat call of his check raise.
Old 10-30-2007, 07:49 PM

I play it the same way, nothing wrong in calling the flop here and then folding to a turn bet.

The flop call is standard, you have a straight draw and an overpair, but when the villain 2 barrels that narrows his hand range down quite a bit.

He was getting almost 3:1 on his flop call to hit his OESD + he held an overpair, implied odds here are pretty good. On the turn his implied odds drop a lot due the larger bet sizes and when villain fires a 2nd barrell an overpair is almost 100% no good here
Old 10-31-2007, 10:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I play it the same way, nothing wrong in calling the flop here and then folding to a turn bet.

The flop call is standard, you have a straight draw and an overpair, but when the villain 2 barrels that narrows his hand range down quite a bit.

He was getting almost 3:1 on his flop call to hit his OESD + he held an overpair, implied odds here are pretty good. On the turn his implied odds drop a lot due the larger bet sizes and when villain fires a 2nd barrell an overpair is almost 100% no good here

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with all of this. I'd play it the same. nh
Old 10-31-2007, 12:49 PM

I do like the check on the flop line. I don't take this nearly enough.

You're flop smooth call under represents your hand, I think. You are the guy that seems like he's on the club draw or has some middling strength hand.

I'd have a very hard time not at least calling that turn bet. Calling the flop raise and turn bet is going to keep any sets from betting the river, I would think. Especially if a club or K drops. You have a ton of outs against 2 pair hands and 8 against sets. I honestly think you're ahead enough to call this. I would fold if I bricked the river and he fired any bet. If he had the guts to fire 3 times into that board on a pair or air, he deserves my money.