Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2007, 01:08 AM

Default Re: The mark of the douchebag

I have no idea what to make of this list since I don't know anyone who qualifies for #1-3. Maybe you should have posted in the Golf forum?

But #4 just sounds like someone who is really into that event. I have heard that this is a faux pas, so I never do it. Failure to realize this might make someone a geek, but I don't see how it makes them a douche. Including this makes me think that you have a much different definition of "douche" than I do.
Old 08-24-2007, 01:09 AM

Kot,

Definitely yes for #1. I live in a nice area of Phoenix, half of the area goes to San Diego for the summer, way too many SUVs have "PB" or "MB" and crap like that. Who the hell cares what goddamned beach you go to? Why are you telling me this? Then again I think bumper stickers in general are retarded so whatever.

Don't see the frat ones too much but I have an inherent bias against frats even though many of my friends were in them, and don't understand why someone would advertise their frat.

However, I think you've lost your mind on the last two. I golf a lot, get a lot of bag tags (bear in mind, the nicer courses just put them on your bag and I'm too lazy and don't care enough to take them off), and also get a lot of shirts. A couple of weeks ago eight of us played and three of us showed up in the same shirt from an event we recently played in together. I don't get it, are we not supposed to wear those shirts? Or do you mean not to wear them when the event comes around again? I totally do that too. It shows I'm old school, man!
Old 08-24-2007, 01:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Also, a much truer sign of the douchebag is a tattoo. Pretty much any kind, except if you got it in the military.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're labeling way too big and diverse section of the population for this to be correct whatsoever. You obviously thought of one exception (military) while thinking for the 10 seconds it took you to type your post. There are obviously tons of others as well.

For the record, I hate tattoos, I just don't agree with the post.

[/ QUOTE ]

what do you think are good tattoos? I've now done a minute of thinking on the matter.
Old 08-24-2007, 01:12 AM

For everyone hating on the OP: while his points may be exaggerated, all the individuals he is labeling share the characteristic of trying to draw attention to themselves for something they want you to be impressed by (their vacations, frat life, golf courses played, or events previously attended). For all of these examples, OP is assuming that said individuals would not engage in said activities unless they were trying to brag.
Old 08-24-2007, 01:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
bluetooth headset

[/ QUOTE ]
Thread winner. With the proliferation of these I'm sure it's inevitable that friends of mine will be wearing them in public soon enough. I no longer mind that they exist but when I see someone at a nice restaurant wearing them, or otherwise wearing them while not on the phone, I am completely baffled.

Also, wearing sunglasses indoors is a pretty good indication that someone sucks, unless they're like 80 years old and they're prescription shades, but they still suck for being an old person.

[ QUOTE ]
bluetooth headset

[/ QUOTE ]

Crap. This should be #1. Especially when on a guy wearing white collars on a blue shirt.

Good catch.

[ QUOTE ]
bluetooth headset

[/ QUOTE ]

This one resonates.
Old 08-24-2007, 01:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Also, a much truer sign of the douchebag is a tattoo. Pretty much any kind, except if you got it in the military.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're labeling way too big and diverse section of the population for this to be correct whatsoever. You obviously thought of one exception (military) while thinking for the 10 seconds it took you to type your post. There are obviously tons of others as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

what do you think are good tattoos? I've now done a minute of thinking on the matter.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a different question. The reasons behind getting the tattoo are going to be the most telling of whether or not the person is a douche.
Old 08-24-2007, 01:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i think mine is a good one. it's something i'll never be ashamed of having on my body and it's pretty inconspicuous.
Old 08-24-2007, 01:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i think mine is a good one. it's something i'll never be ashamed of having on my body and it's pretty inconspicuous.

[/ QUOTE ]

i disagree with there aren't good tattoos, but doesn't everyone think they're tattoos are good ones?