Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2006, 11:53 PM

Default Re: absolute and UB - are getting together.....

Right, but getting rakeback from Absolute is no different than any other site right? Nor is the rake worse than any other site - correct?
Old 11-05-2006, 12:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
go to the absolutepoker affiliate terms and conditions and you will see that they pay only for the money you put in the pot, or contributed...even though for ages they have talked about doing involved or dealt cards rake.

they also have a comment about deducting the bonuses and money that props collect. could be a terrible result.

ub has always been involved rake/dealt cards, but i haven't looked at their terms and conditions recently.

why do you think so many people are going to full tilt...they are the only big site that is doing dealt cards rake.

[/ QUOTE ]You are correct,they went to contributed about three months ago.I see many affiliates that still are claiming that it is dealt,but they are wrong.The strange thing is,my affiliate picked up on this,and changed their webpage to state it was contributed.I emailed them(my affiliate)to verify.They said they were 99% sure that it was now contributed,but that they were waiting for AP to confirm this(this was few weeks ago this conversation took place btw).It appeared on the surface that AP changed this in the cover of the night sorta speak,and my affiliate just picked up the change in their own numbers,never being told by AP at the time the change had taken place.

[/ QUOTE ]

what do you mean affiliates pay only the money you contributed to the pot? are you saying the bonus (points) you earn, are strictly based on theh pots you enter or contributed to the pot?
Old 11-05-2006, 12:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
what do you mean affiliates pay only the money you contributed to the pot? are you saying the bonus (points) you earn, are strictly based on theh pots you enter or contributed to the pot?

[/ QUOTE ]
Bonus points are still based on being dealt cards. If you get dealt cards and $.50 gets raked, you get a bonus point.

I don't know how they are calculating MGR, but I've been pretty surprised how it has worked out for me. Last month my MGR equaled 28% of the total rake taken at my tables. That's averaging 5.44 people at the table (6 max) and playing 22/15/2.4. There are so many tight/passive players at AP that TAG's actually come out better with contributed MGR than attributed (disclaimer: I play $1/$2 so YMMV)
Old 11-05-2006, 01:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Suppose that there are 6 players at the table and they all have 30% rakeback deals. A pot is played and raked $3.00.

The poker room will pay (either directly or through affiliates) a total of $0.90 in rakeback to the players at the table.

The big difference is who gets the money.

Dealt cards method: Each player gets $0.15. If you were dealt hole cards then you get a full share. Many rooms use this method.

Contributed method example: The final pot was $90. The BB posted $10 of that and folded preflop. The SB and the Cutoff each put $40 in. SB and Cutoff each get $0.40 of rakeback. BB gets $0.10. The other players get nothing. Prima uses this method and it is becoming more popular.

Hybrid method: Same example, Cutoff, SB, and BB each get $0.30. Any money in the pot gets you a full share. I forget who does this but someone does (or did).

Contributed rake favors loose players over tight players. It can reduce rakeback expenses for the poker room but only if the loose action players are less likely to have rakeback. If everyone has rakeback then it doesn't matter.

Contributed rake on a network means the skins that bring in the big fish get a larger share of the rake then the rooms that cater to TAGs. I think this is very fair because it rewards those skins that are doing the most to keep the games healthy.
Old 11-05-2006, 12:49 PM

[censored] guys regardless way to go AP.... at least we all still have good options to play at.
Old 11-05-2006, 12:52 PM

this crap always seems to happen to me...i have been loving AP for a month and a half now...please don't mess up my bonus + rakeback, I'm begging you!
Old 11-05-2006, 03:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Suppose that there are 6 players at the table and they all have 30% rakeback deals. A pot is played and raked $3.00.

The poker room will pay (either directly or through affiliates) a total of $0.90 in rakeback to the players at the table.

The big difference is who gets the money.

Dealt cards method: Each player gets $0.15. If you were dealt hole cards then you get a full share. Many rooms use this method.

Contributed method example: The final pot was $90. The BB posted $10 of that and folded preflop. The SB and the Cutoff each put $40 in. SB and Cutoff each get $0.40 of rakeback. BB gets $0.10. The other players get nothing. Prima uses this method and it is becoming more popular.

Hybrid method: Same example, Cutoff, SB, and BB each get $0.30. Any money in the pot gets you a full share. I forget who does this but someone does (or did).

Contributed rake favors loose players over tight players. It can reduce rakeback expenses for the poker room but only if the loose action players are less likely to have rakeback. If everyone has rakeback then it doesn't matter.

Contributed rake on a network means the skins that bring in the big fish get a larger share of the rake then the rooms that cater to TAGs. I think this is very fair because it rewards those skins that are doing the most to keep the games healthy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting I had no idea...thanks for your input. I have an RB deal at Absolute and UB. I thought you just get rakeback based on the rake you generated. As in, say the X number of pots you win, and the Y amount of rake that was taken out. Add that altogether, and then take 30% or so cut of that. Am I totally wrong?
Old 11-05-2006, 04:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
UBsolute

[/ QUOTE ]
Best name evar.

[/ QUOTE ]
there's some tourney player on stars with that name, i guess he saw it coming
Old 11-05-2006, 08:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I thought you just get rakeback based on the rake you generated. As in, say the X number of pots you win, and the Y amount of rake that was taken out. Add that altogether, and then take 30% or so cut of that. Am I totally wrong?

[/ QUOTE ]
I have never heard of any site taking the winner of the pot into consideration when computing MGR (rakeback).
Old 11-05-2006, 09:01 PM

Absoulte Suckout + Ulitmatebeat = Absolutebeat or Ultimatesuckout.