Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 06:26 AM

Default Tell me about...3-betting 99/TT

Tell me what you know about 3-betting (OOP mostly, I guess) with 99 or TT!

A guy in another thread said his 3-bet range was 99+, AQ+. I said mine was JJ+, AQ+ (mostly) and added:

PS: I can see reraising TT, but with TT/99 it seems like, a. Most boards are scary, and
b. If you get called preflop and then called or raised on the flop (even one you wanted, all rags), you have to worry about your hand a lot. What are you looking for with these hands except preflop victory/a c-bet takedown? How do you play them once things get call-y?

So what's the deal with this? I can see reraising with 99/TT against a guy where you just think he's raising you too lightly, but I just can't ever see playing a flop in a 3-bet pot, especially OOP, with these hands and feeling comfortable without hitting a set (especially since like 60-70% of flops have overcards). When I 3-bet, I'd be thinking, "fold, fold, fold!" When I c-bet, I'd be thinking, "fold, fold, fold!" If I got called ever, I'd be thinking, "I have to fold, fold, fold!" So what gives?

Is this move just a villain dependent one? When is 3-betting these hands "standard?" WHY is it standard? Elaborate why we do this for me!

Love,
Poneeeeez
Old 11-21-2007, 06:29 AM

Default Re: Tell me about...3-betting 99/TT

Far too general and far too opponent specific. For the record, 3betting anything lower than JJ OOP is spew 99.9% of the time, dont bother.
Closed Thread