Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-14-2007, 03:50 PM

Default im a nit

borg 40

raised the last couple of hands and have been winning without showdown...

utg +1 with red AA... i raise, next in asian 3bets..plays TAG can get out of line though he's 3bet me lighter than most and likes to make laydowns though maybe not against me... folds back to me i go 4...

flop J36r .. i bet dark... he makes a comment about it and calls...

turn is a T completing rainbow... he raises.. i call plan on donking any non-Q or K river...
Old 05-14-2007, 03:51 PM

Default Re: im a nit

why not just 3B the turn?

either 3B the turn and bet the river, or call the raise and C/C the river imo

also if we 3 bet the turn, i fold to a cap, i dont see anyone capping the turn w/o a hand that we have 2 outs against unless villain is a maniac.
Old 05-14-2007, 04:49 PM

Bad plan. Think about it. If he is holding KK/QQ what does he really beat on that board that you capped with PF. Of course all the previous hands which make up your image up to this point are going to influence some. I think if you get raised one more time your cooked much more often than not against a tag player. Just C/Call the river. If you feel you can comfortably bet/fold than fine, but bet/calling is throwing money away.
Old 05-14-2007, 05:42 PM

this isn't really an interesting hand but i just felt this was a raise/fold or go 10 bets on the turn situation from his perspective... he can fold QQ here but wasn't sure if he would...

so i thought donking river would ensure 3bets going in and he would almost never raise the river with a worse hand... in other words, i'm not sure if donking river is better than 3-betting folding to a 4bet on a dryish board like this...
Old 05-14-2007, 06:11 PM

I would have called the 3 bet pf and c/r'ed most flops, works real great against the TAGy players that can make laydowns. They think QQ is the nuts and then spew.

Just 3 bet the turn, take notes and make him make a tough laydown. If he does, use it later w/AK or some other bluff
Old 05-14-2007, 06:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would have called the 3 bet pf and c/r'ed most flops, works real great against the TAGy players that can make laydowns. They think QQ is the nuts and then spew.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, this is my SOP as well. Oddly enough, I feel like in this situation it actually makes the hand easier to play when you under-represent your strength.