Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2007, 11:03 PM

Default Re: Dog the Bounty Hunter... irony bomb explodes

[ QUOTE ]
HEY GUIDS, are you going to answer the question or ignore it and pretend you haven't painted yourself into a corner?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I just think it's funny for Duane Chapman to be calling other people n****r, when he has done time for murder 1, has 11 kids(many whom he had no hand in raising) by 5 different women, has a daughter who gave birth at the age of 15, has a daughter who died in a drug-related automobile wreck and has a son who has done prison time for drug-related charges.

[/ QUOTE ]

This post says more about you than it does about him.

[/ QUOTE ]

i really don't think it does. to me, it says a lot about dog. i mean.. literally, it says a lot about him.

it doesn't really say much about illeagle, i gotta tell ya.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with dids. I dont see how there is any confusion. the guy is equating the word [censored], which is a slang term for black people, with murder, having a bunch of kids that he isnt raising, drugs, etc.

Ill now inevitably get a bunch of people to now say that [censored] arent the same as black people, a [censored] is just a type of black person. well, this is [censored], it is justification for being racist (to what degree? I dunno).

[/ QUOTE ]
So then you believe Chris Rock is a racist because he says "I love black people but I hate n****rs."?

[/ QUOTE ]
Is Chris Rock a BS facilitator of racism?

Are the creators of this video facilitating racism?
http://youtube.com/watch?v=rN2VqFPNS8w

[/ QUOTE ]

is chris rock a racist? no, is he facilitating racism? yes.
Old 11-01-2007, 11:05 PM

guids and I are agreeing, kinda... on an issue of race.

THE WORLD DOES NOT MAKE SENSE.
Old 11-02-2007, 01:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
HEY GUIDS, are you going to answer the question or ignore it and pretend you haven't painted yourself into a corner?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I just think it's funny for Duane Chapman to be calling other people n****r, when he has done time for murder 1, has 11 kids(many whom he had no hand in raising) by 5 different women, has a daughter who gave birth at the age of 15, has a daughter who died in a drug-related automobile wreck and has a son who has done prison time for drug-related charges.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i really don't think it does. to me, it says a lot about dog. i mean.. literally, it says a lot about him.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with dids. I dont see how there is any confusion. the guy is equating the word [censored], which is a slang term for black people, with murder, having a bunch of kids that he isnt raising, drugs, etc.

Ill now inevitably get a bunch of people to now say that [censored] arent the same as black people, a [censored] is just a type of black person. well, this is [censored], it is justification for being racist (to what degree? I dunno).

[/ QUOTE ]
So then you believe Chris Rock is a racist because he says "I love black people but I hate n****rs."?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
So you're saying it's unacceptable to ridicule a certain portion of a group(thug culture) that gives the whole group(black people as a whole) a bad name?

If so, then I strongly disagree with you. Look at FBI statistics and you will see that in America, black people(12% of the population) are responsible for 70% of this nation's violent crime.

Now you and I know this fantastically disgusting statistic isn't due to race, it's due to the thug life [censored] subculture, which is largely being encouraged by white owned media corporations like Viacom. Kids are coming home from school today and turning on BET to watch the likes of Fifty Cent and that HeyBayBay guy rap about banging hoes, slinging junk and carrying firearms. Man, that's [censored], and there's no reason the whole black race should have to shoulder the blame for this disgrace.

And you, by insisting that these facts be kept in the dark, by insisting that this critical subject is too taboo to be discussed, you are the one facilitating racism by encouraging ignorance of what's really going on.
Old 11-02-2007, 02:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
So you're saying it's unacceptable to ridicule a certain portion of a group(thug culture) that gives the whole group(black people as a whole) a bad name?

If so, then I strongly disagree with you. Look at FBI statistics and you will see that in America, black people(12% of the population) are responsible for 70% of this nation's violent crime.

Now you and I know this fantastically disgusting statistic isn't due to race, it's due to the thug life [censored] subculture, which is largely being encouraged by white owned media corporations like Viacom. Kids are coming home from school today and turning on BET to watch the likes of Fifty Cent and that HeyBayBay guy rap about banging hoes, slinging junk and carrying firearms. Man, that's [censored], and there's no reason the whole black race should have to shoulder the blame for this disgrace.

And you, by insisting that these facts be kept in the dark, by insisting that this critical subject is too taboo to be discussed, you are the one facilitating racism by encouraging ignorance of what's really going on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, I was in accord with your first post. I intpreted it as meaning that a person who embodies every negative stereotype of a slur is hypocritical in using it. Guids, Dids et all. viewed it as your suscribing to that sort of ignorance. In philosophy, the reader is supposed to interpret writing in the best light possible; its known as the principle of charity.

This latest post of yours proves that you are no philosopher.
Old 11-02-2007, 02:41 AM

Dirty Diggs,

Your interpretation of my initial post is correct. I don't claim to be a philosopher and never have but I'm guessing you disagree with some part of my previous post if not all of it. Enlighten me, please. What part(s) do you disagree with?
Old 11-02-2007, 05:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Now you and I know this fantastically disgusting statistic isn't due to race, it's due to the thug life [censored] subculture, which is largely being encouraged by white owned media corporations like Viacom.

[/ QUOTE ]

A bigger factor is that black people are poorer on average and poor people tend to commit more crimes.
Old 11-02-2007, 07:49 AM

Dog has one of the most prominent mullets I have ever seen as we are surpised he is a racist ?
Old 11-02-2007, 10:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Now you and I know this fantastically disgusting statistic isn't due to race, it's due to the thug life [censored] subculture, which is largely being encouraged by white owned media corporations like Viacom.

[/ QUOTE ]

A bigger factor is that black people are poorer on average and poor people tend to commit more crimes.

[/ QUOTE ]
From the statisitics I've seen, there are almost twice as many whites living below the poverty level as there are blacks living below the poverty level. I'm not buying the "its because of poverty" excuse.
Old 11-02-2007, 12:32 PM

Its crack, haven't you read freakanomics?

He states something like the introduction of crack set black americans back farther than any event since the jim crow laws.

Obv. this would lead to poverty. I don't really have an opinion on whether its a true statement or not but we might as well throw it out there in this highly academic discussion.
Old 11-04-2007, 07:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Look at FBI statistics and you will see that in America, black people(12% of the population) are responsible for 70% of this nation's violent crime.

[/ QUOTE ]

A 2005 United States Department of Justice report on violent crimes stated that of the "perceived race" of the offenders in single-offender violent crimes, 43.3% were White, 21.0% were Black, and 9.6% were "Other", with the remaining 26.0% of offenders of unknown race.
Source

[ QUOTE ]

Now you and I know this fantastically disgusting statistic isn't due to race, it's due to the thug life

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's due to you making it up.

[ QUOTE ]

you are the one facilitating racism by encouraging ignorance of what's really going on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ironic.

Have a nice day [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]