Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2007, 11:46 AM

Default Re: Please teach me the ways of the shortstacker

I play 40BB most of the time, and i am able to get just short of 3BB/100. I very much doubt you could exceed more than 1.5BB/100 shortstacking (20BB)any non-micro limit.
And in the micro limits you wouldn't want to do that anyway as you could get a much better winrate by full stacking
Old 09-25-2007, 02:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't worry, I seriously doubt there'll ever me a dedicated SHORTSTACK forum.

Though having said that, I'm sure all the SS strats I know of are still on the tip of the iceberg in terms of sophistication. After all, SS is a much simpler game than fullstack, and I bet a research team could come up with something that can beat any game for some serious bb/100.

But I could be wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Could we maybe get a forum that only some could read? Kind of like the mod forum. I'd be all for diebitter, MT2R, imsa, pete, ski, myself and the few others to get in on that.
Old 09-25-2007, 03:17 PM

Why the big secret? Seriously, I don't get the hating part of this, shortstacking is a totally legit subset of FR as far as I can judge from the (by the way thanks very much) extremely helpful links posted here.
Old 09-25-2007, 03:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Don't worry, I seriously doubt there'll ever me a dedicated SHORTSTACK forum.

Though having said that, I'm sure all the SS strats I know of are still on the tip of the iceberg in terms of sophistication. After all, SS is a much simpler game than fullstack, and I bet a research team could come up with something that can beat any game for some serious bb/100.

But I could be wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Could we maybe get a forum that only some could read? Kind of like the mod forum. I'd be all for diebitter, MT2R, imsa, pete, ski, myself and the few others to get in on that.

[/ QUOTE ]

No not really, but if you guys seriously want a shortstack forum, put a case together and either pm Mat Sklansky directly, or post it in ATF for discussion. I'd love to see a specific place for Short Stack Discussion actually.

I think the mod of this forum would clearly and rigorously tempban any asshats who came in to rank shortstackers. I'd be willing to do that, even if it's temporary to get it off the ground and make sure what's expected - then one of the other SSers could take over.

If that doesn't happen, I may consider a special ringbound thread in this forum which has special rules (you come in and rank SSers, you get suspended) - but being restricted to a single thread really isn't a great way to go.
Old 09-25-2007, 04:08 PM

I don't think that would be good Diebitter. Most of the SSers are reluctant to discuss strategy of any kind to those who don't have valid input of their own. Opening it up to the public would be pretty bad in the eyes of most of the shortstackers I know. Personally, I only discuss specific strat and hands with a friend of mine that I know irl.
Old 09-25-2007, 04:10 PM

well you can ask Mat S., but I doubt he'd entertain the idea.

He might though.
Old 09-25-2007, 04:19 PM

wouldn't work

most shortstackers don't even share with each other outside of one or two people

cannot imagine them sharing with a whole public forum of lurkers and opponents
Old 09-25-2007, 04:30 PM

all ss forum thread titles-

fold preflop?
Old 09-25-2007, 04:45 PM

I think the next FR AIM Chat (We haven't had one in a while) should be about shortstacking?

Ill glady get this up and running in the next few days and set up a time, and maybe we can all chat one night and discuss shortstacking.

I would love to chat w/ diebitter, CDL, and MTT2R as well as many others about SS'ing.

Ill make a post in the FR AIM CHAT thread in a few and see if i can round up some interest.

Ideally we would be discussing SS'ing concepts and ideas, it will be a pro SS chat, and hopefully those who wish to learn more about ss'ing and those of us who already know a fair ammount can all talk together and maybe revolutionize some [censored] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-25-2007, 05:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why the big secret? Seriously, I don't get the hating part of this, shortstacking is a totally legit subset of FR as far as I can judge from the (by the way thanks very much) extremely helpful links posted here.

[/ QUOTE ]

its the ratholing that sucks