Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-2007, 10:58 PM

Default Re: The evil Boyd, Sklansky make 3k Stud 8 final table

Thanks for the heads-up, TailSpin. Nobody else noticed, but I've since corrected it. (My assistant had a momentary slip-up between chipcounts and bustouts.)

FYI, I do have an assistant for most of the final tables. Here, on the ESPN stage, she's in charge of chip counts, because she's the only person that ESPN allows on stage. (We also provide chip count data to ESPN.)

When we're reporting from the Bluff tent, my assistant is inside the tent doing the chip counts. She gives them to a Bluff producer, who radios them back to me in the control room.

So all of the chip counts today are courtesy of her. It would seriously affect by hand-for-hand coverage if I had to do them myself (as I often have in the past).

There's a short break right now for coloring-up the chips.
Old 06-16-2007, 11:22 PM

Hand #160

Hand #160 - Elezra (7-4-8-J) and Nguyen (2-Q-J-3) take it to seventh street, taking turns betting on each street. Elezra puts in the last bet, and Nguyen calls.

Elezra shows two pair, aces and kings. Nguyen shows a pair of queens. Elezra takes the pot, and he has a large chip lead at this point.

I think I've figured out why Elezra is winning......
Old 06-16-2007, 11:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand #166

Hand #166 - Elezra folds on fifth street, but only after he kills his own hand by flipping over Nguyen's cards. This is like a crazy drunken home game right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

awesome, wish I could watch this
Old 06-16-2007, 11:41 PM

Yeah I'm really upset this isn't being broadcast, sounds like it would be great.

edit: btw, Eli has no chance if Scotty can hang in long enough to get him really hammered. I can't imagine anyone playing better than Scotty when they're both completely wasted.
Old 06-16-2007, 11:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand #169

Hand #169 - Nguyen takes the pot on third street. They're acting so quickly and rashly that often we can't see the cards.

Eli Elezra stands up and grabs Scotty Nguyen's drink, and then downs it in one gulp to the delight of the crowd. Nguyen just laughs.

Once again, the tournament director calls for "Cocktails!"

[/ QUOTE ]

it just sucks there is no video of this.
Old 06-17-2007, 12:07 AM

If this wasn't on ESPN then why isn't WSOP.com covering it? They're not doing ANY coverage tonight.
Old 06-17-2007, 12:15 AM

Nice catch, Dunkman. I don't know how that happened. Presumably, the tournament director mis-announced one of the cards. (We can't see the boards directly ourselves.)

He clearly said "Two pair, aces and kings" at the end of the hand, so my assumption is that the jack on sixth street was actually a king.

Like I said, nice catch. I'll correct it now.

I'm not sure that the Bluff Tent is set up to handle Stud events. The pace of the action is very quick, and the graphics probably wouldn't be able to keep up with a live tournament. Edited and broadcast a month later? Easy. Broadcasting a stud tournament with live holecards? Very, very difficult.
Old 06-17-2007, 12:33 AM

I just want to watch them. Watching it even a week later is fine. But then again it isn't hold em, so it pretty much doesnt exist.
Old 06-17-2007, 01:35 AM

Elezra wins, and in Matusow fashion, he almost doesn't owe Barry money anymore.

Drunken Israelis > Drunken Vietnamese.
Old 06-17-2007, 10:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Nice catch, Dunkman. I don't know how that happened. Presumably, the tournament director mis-announced one of the cards. (We can't see the boards directly ourselves.)

He clearly said "Two pair, aces and kings" at the end of the hand, so my assumption is that the jack on sixth street was actually a king.

Like I said, nice catch. I'll correct it now.

I'm not sure that the Bluff Tent is set up to handle Stud events. The pace of the action is very quick, and the graphics probably wouldn't be able to keep up with a live tournament. Edited and broadcast a month later? Easy. Broadcasting a stud tournament with live holecards? Very, very difficult.

[/ QUOTE ]

No worries, I was just joking around. I'm sure it was damn near impossible to figure out exactly what was going on in that drunken circus last night.