Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2007, 03:01 AM

Default Re: Should the Pats be running up the score on everybody in garbage ti

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i dont understand the double standard. the colts have run up the score for years. most teams run up the score. the packers did last week.

[/ QUOTE ]

Plenty of teams have run up the score before, but nothing remotely like the Pats going for it on 4th and 1 while up 35-7 and again 42-10. That is unprecedented in the NFL.

[/ QUOTE ]
this is what bugs me about people who argue that 'there is no such thing as running up the score.' its a [censored] relative concept not an absolute one. if 90% of the league was running shotgun plays with 30 point leads in the 4th quarter then there would be no such thing as running up the score. since it has gotten this 'unclassy' negative connotation to go with it people get too defensive when it is mentioned. and yeah there have been all kinds of teams that have done it before patriots are in no way the first.
Old 11-19-2007, 03:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
my points don't suck people just have no idea what my points are.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, the reason being you write like a retard.

[/ QUOTE ]
lol i argue that what the pats are doing is stupid not unclassy in multiple posts. people still seem to think i started this classy v unclassy debate. sorry if i feel others are retarded and not me.
Old 11-19-2007, 03:07 AM

I'd like to reiterate my feeling of when the Pats play the Dolphins that the Pats should refuse to carry a kicker in that game. That way after each TD they have to either have Brady kick the XP or go for two, and each kickoff they find someone new each time to kick it. Obviously they will not punt or kick field goals.

If the Pats don't do this I'll be very disappointed.
Old 11-19-2007, 03:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd like to reiterate my feeling of when the Pats play the Dolphins that the Pats should refuse to carry a kicker in that game. That way after each TD they have to either have Brady kick the XP or go for two, and each kickoff they find someone new each time to kick it. Obviously they will not punt or kick field goals.

[/ QUOTE ]
Probably smart I think its been established that Miami can only score on punt returns. I will be betting Miami in this game, the odds are probably going to be astronomical. The upset of the century and it'll have all the makings of a trap game for NE (though I am doubting whether the term can even apply to this team).

So is everyone convinced the NE starters are going to play in this game and the Giants game?
Old 11-19-2007, 03:30 AM

I think the Miami - New England game is everything but a trap game for New England. You don't think Belichick is going to hammer it in about the 17-0 Dolphins and how Miami upset the Bears in 1985, etc.
Old 11-19-2007, 03:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Probably smart I think its been established that Miami can only score on punt returns. I will be betting Miami in this game, the odds are probably going to be astronomical. The upset of the century and it'll have all the makings of a trap game for NE (though I am doubting whether the term can even apply to this team).

So is everyone convinced the NE starters are going to play in this game and the Giants game?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm convinced that the NE starters will play the entire pro bowl.
Old 11-19-2007, 03:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the Miami - New England game is everything but a trap game for New England. You don't think Belichick is going to hammer it in about the 17-0 Dolphins and how Miami upset the Bears in 1985, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]
forgot about that. i was thinking in terms of having home field locked up; playing a cupcake no one possibly expects you to lose to; having a potentially tough game against the Giants the next week, who will probably be fighting for a wild card. i figure everything is in place except miami being the home team (though from the empty seats i always see in Dolphin stadium home probably means nothing).
Old 11-19-2007, 03:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm convinced that the NE starters will play the entire pro bowl.

[/ QUOTE ]
Because Belichick will be coaching it.
Old 11-19-2007, 03:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Because Belichick will be coaching it.

[/ QUOTE ]

A+. Guess that means the Browns are in the superbowl then.
Old 11-19-2007, 03:52 AM

One of these days, when the Pats are running up the score, some coach is just going to tell their guy to take out Brady's knees and try to end his season, maybe his career.

As much as the Bills deserve it for sucking at football, running up the score pisses people off.