Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: QB
T. Brady vs IND 3 50.00%
D. Brees @ TB 3 50.00%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 06:11 PM

Default Re: Cheating at AP, updated cliff notes

[ QUOTE ]
Dan should tell them the truth. There is no way the company can be saved. Go and tell the directors to do whatever is necessary (be that business or personal - maybe the building is a skyscraper).

[/ QUOTE ]

This is simply not true.

Open up EVERYTHING to an INDEPENDANT auditor and I imagine AP will live
Old 10-17-2007, 06:12 PM

This whole fiasco is so outrageous to me. If anyone saw the video of potripper during the tournament there would be NO doubt whatsoever that he cheated. How could Absolute make an official response that they found nothing? There has never been a more shadier/imcompetent investigative team.

Potripper and accomplice has got to go down as THE dumbest crooks I have ever seen, ever.

he's not abandonign getting the money back, he's abandoning the forget it ever happened plan. Getting money back is still a huge priority.

also, i appreciate druff changing his stance.

I'm going to clarify my view.

I don't want to see Absolute go down in flames just for the sake of Athens Infernos.
At this point I would think it's apparent we are trying to say that we take our games seriously, and take sites that cheat us even more serious.

Mostly I'm not at all sure why we should have as one of our concerns Absolute Poker's easiest path (in their eyes) to mitigating damages.

It's the last thing that crosses my mind.

If the worry is getting some reimbursement because they may falter either way- I think those that lost money should be bargaining however they want to recoup losses.

In an age where people like to bash poker for being underground or full of cheats and cons, we can actually stand up to this site and say "this isn't what we condone - and if you don't like it GTFO. But, if you want to rethink your decisions to this point, we'll listen."

I don't know what a win is at this point- I really don't. But I am pretty sure i know what a loss is.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
However, since at least 700k is involved (maybe far more)

[/ QUOTE ]
Here's the thing though - if they never admit wrongdoing, how do we find out how deep this goes? Millions could have been stolen - and we won't know unless Absolute undertakes to fix this publicly. In fact, if they don't come public, they have significant incentive to limit it to the known accounts and known players. Your solution is wholly unsatisfactory - and that's without getting into the other considerations.

[ QUOTE ]
Just wanted to clarify my motives with the first phone call.

Again, as I mentioned before, I will abandon the compromise position and shoot for what everyone here seems to want.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think most people here realize you're pretty wealthy, and the 12K doesn't mean that much to you - not enough to compromise your good standing with the community.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:14 PM

AP will survive just fine if they go through the motions and never admit to any wrong doing. As long as there is a shadow of doubt about what happened AP will be just fine. If they're smart they will stop focusing on the market where their business reputation is the most damaged, rakeback, stategy sites etc, and go after the fish and treat the fish well. Much like Bodog does.. Bodog's managers will admit they just as well prefer that winning players don't play at their site at all. AP should focus on this same market.
I think the people who are saying AP needs to admit wrong doing or security breach have limited business sense.
I am not suggestion they need to do anything shady, there are plenty of ways they can handle this while still acting ethically without incriminating themselves or software. If they are an ethical company they should continue to be one, if they were already shady (i'm not saying they were or weren't) why would the stop being shady now?
An honest/ethical company or a dishonest/shady company in either case in no way would admitting to anything be a smart business decision at all.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:14 PM

is absolute poker a publicly traded company? if so, what is their ticker? i would love to watch how it does over the next few weeks.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What would make you happier assuming you lost money to the superusers?

[/ QUOTE ]

would you rather have money or money and an apology

what a stupid poll, get this out of here

[/ QUOTE ]

read it again..smartasss
Old 10-17-2007, 06:15 PM

An acceptable response in my mind would be something along the lines of "It turns out there is a superuser account that we did not know about. Rouge ex-executives hid this from us and then used it. We are pursuing them with everything we have."

The only problem is that this explanation does not explain the allegations posted on ITH two years ago.

ROCKabsoluteHARD PLACE
Old 10-17-2007, 06:17 PM

Seems to me that the most honest (and effective) position to take would be to say "I, for one, would be at least somewhat satisfied with a full refund of all funds that the superusers won. I think some other players would be as well, but after pitching the idea to 2+2, it seems like that wouldn't do it for everybody. People are really pissed off that it's taken you guys so long to come clean. The more honest and upfront you are at this point, the better."
Closed Thread