Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-2007, 11:14 AM

Default Re: Pregnant GF

[ QUOTE ]
I'm disgusted by much of the advice in this thread. Anyone who runs in this situation is not a man and is a worthless human being (and dare I say, more "white trash" than her family could ever be). It's one thing to want her to have an abortion, but when she decides to have the kid you have to deal with it and start taking the steps to care for it. Being concerned that the child could be affected by drinking during the first trimester is reasonable. She should see a doctor if she hasn't yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

So it is OK for the girl to make a decision for OP that will affect him for the rest of his life and he should have NO say in it aside from trying to convince her it isn't a good idea?

If a contract signed by this girl to the effect that she was going to be the sole parent/hold sole financial responsibility for this child could be enforced in court, I would suggest that before running. If OP is faced with the decision to either run away (and NEVER look back) or be stuck as the father to an unwanted child, WAY BEFORE HE IS READY TO BE A PARENT, I say:

RUN, OP, RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What is sad is that it takes more proof of responsibility to get get a Blockbuster membership than it does to have children and there are people out there who think that getting pregnant (by mistake) should suddenly change the man/woman and make them responsible adults/parents.
Old 04-13-2007, 11:17 AM

You guys are slipping.

Old 04-13-2007, 11:18 AM

Man this mod forum post in question has tons of nude chicks!
Old 04-13-2007, 11:21 AM

The first thing you need to do is stop blaming this on your GF. It's not her fault, you stuck your dick in her, and didn't wrap it up. Everybody knows (or should) that the pill isn't 100% effective, although it's close. Every man should also know that for all the talk women do about 'if I get pregnant, I'll get an abortion, blah blah blah', most of the time, they change their mind once they get pregnant.
Old 04-13-2007, 11:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
She drank/smoked during the first trimester.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. Don't have kids please.

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you think they did in the 50's and 60's? You don't see a bunch of middle aged mongoloids walking around do you?
Old 04-13-2007, 11:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm disgusted by much of the advice in this thread. Anyone who runs in this situation is not a man and is a worthless human being (and dare I say, more "white trash" than her family could ever be). It's one thing to want her to have an abortion, but when she decides to have the kid you have to deal with it and start taking the steps to care for it. Being concerned that the child could be affected by drinking during the first trimester is reasonable. She should see a doctor if she hasn't yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

So it is OK for the girl to make a decision for OP that will affect him for the rest of his life and he should have NO say in it aside from trying to convince her it isn't a good idea?

If a contract signed by this girl to the effect that she was going to be the sole parent/hold sole financial responsibility for this child could be enforced in court, I would suggest that before running. If OP is faced with the decision to either run away (and NEVER look back) or be stuck as the father to an unwanted child, WAY BEFORE HE IS READY TO BE A PARENT, I say:

RUN, OP, RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What is sad is that it takes more proof of responsibility to get get a Blockbuster membership than it does to have children and there are people out there who think that getting pregnant (by mistake) should suddenly change the man/woman and make them responsible adults/parents.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're a sick [censored] and a disgusting human being. Now go drink some more jack.
Old 04-13-2007, 11:23 AM

What about open adoption? You would get to pick the adoptive parents, and you would get to have contact with the kid as he/she gets older, if you want.

My aunt and uncle adopted a little girl this way, it seems to be working out fine.
Old 04-13-2007, 11:26 AM

[
What were your beliefs concerning abortion before/after it happened? Where do your regrets stem from? I am concerned about hidden guilt/regret/etc that will show its face in the future... but my entire life I have had absolutely 0 problem with the idea of abortion... I'm not sure how I'll be effected

[/ QUOTE ]

At that time, I thought it would be an easy fix and i wouldn't think twice but after the procedure was done, I started thinking alot about it. Was it a boy/girl? Twins? What if i can't concieve in the future? I am far from religeous so those thought didn't even arise. I remember figuring out the approximate b-day and weird crap like that. Now i have an almost 5yr old girl and a 2 1/2 yr old son. Raising kids is the best part of my life and it is about the only thing i am good at.

I am not saying to go ahead trying to get the abortion or not...I am just telling you in my case, i regret it to this day.

If the girl i am dating now (i tried for a camera pic the other night and she freaked) turns out to be pregnant i would vote no abortion and live with my actions and make the best out of it.
Old 04-13-2007, 11:27 AM

I'd be careful about labeling anyone's family "white trash", or things demeaning in that manner. From my experience people from small towns that don't earn much money but have a lot of family close are some of the happiest people on earth. They certainly work to live and not the other way around.

If you are seriously thinking on bailing on this chick...wow man, just wow. Guys that bail on pregnants gf's rank right down there with child molesters. There are not too many things you can do worse.

I won't share feelings about abortion, but I can say there are thousands of couples on lists that can't have kids that are just praying for the chance to adopt. I think you should just consider this.

As for smoking weed, I know someone that smoked during her entire 2 pregnancies, her kids are healthy and fine now. But I sure can't reccomend anything, I'm not a doctor or anything.

And finally, you play online poker for a living (not a very respectable job), you're a college dropout, and you're calling her family losers? Don't be selfish man, you knew the risks of having sex, now it's time to man up. Children will open up a whole new world you didn't knew existed. You'll learn a lot more about yourself with kids than you ever would seeing the world.
Old 04-13-2007, 11:28 AM

Consider this about abortion. I always thought like you did. The fetus is not a baby yet, she just goes in and somehow the baby goes away and all is well. Anyway, my GF and I had a little scare once and talked about the different options. She told me the following:

-Abortion is like major surgery. They basically go in, scramble the fetus like a blender, and then suck it out. There is a risk that she won't be able to have children after this.

-Before she is allowed to have the abortion, she must go to counseling or some type of meetings... not exactly sure on this one.

-She must write a letter to her baby apoligizing for what she is going to do. This seems kind of sick, but all the places here make you do that. Reading the letters from other mothers who have gone through with it are apparently enough to make you never want to do it.

Whether these things are true or not, it made me change my thinking.

After she goes through with it, your relationship will most likely be over. She will pretty much be scarred for life.

Now it really depends on if you truly care for her or not. If you do, and you could see yourself being with her happily ever after, I would man up and raise the child with her. If not, run away I guess.