Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Other Poker Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2007, 12:47 PM

Default Re: $3/$6 2-7 TD wwyd?

Position is EVERYTHING in TD -- I think even more so than in holdem. Fold it predraw. About the only hands to play out of the SB to a raise in front are 1-card draws to a 7 or smooth 8 or a pat 7 or 8 -- and then jam with a 3-bet or a cap.
Old 06-21-2007, 01:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Position is EVERYTHING in TD -- I think even more so than in holdem. Fold it predraw. About the only hands to play out of the SB to a raise in front are 1-card draws to a 7 or smooth 8 or a pat 7 or 8 -- and then jam with a 3-bet or a cap.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yet more weak-tight advice.

234 is one of the best two-card draws. It plays nearly as well as 237.

Are you typically folding this to a button raise? (Are you folding 8752 to a button raise because it's a rough 8?) Your situation is a lot better here.

There are already three people in the pot. Assuming the limper will call a single raise, you are getting betting than 3:1 odds to play here. Do you think this hand will lose more than 25% against your opponents' range here? Do you think that your playing disadvantage from being OOP outweighs the equity you would have in this pot? What do you think is your chance of catching a 5, 6, 7, or 8 on the first draw?

Given the limp + cold call, I think there is plenty of dead money here to be worth entering the pot. Even out of position.

I think, in fact, that the positional disadvantage is not as severe with three other people in the pot. Yes, as demonstrated in this hand, sometimes you will face an uncomfortable drawing decision. But the other players also keep things "honest"--- you are not as likely to see a snow or a raise from a rough-pat hand.
Old 06-21-2007, 03:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you see how exploitable your advice is? if thats how you play, I'd want to play with you every day untill the day i died. And I guarantee I'd break you long before then.
Old 06-21-2007, 03:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if thats how you play, I'd want to play with you every day untill the day i died.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ideally at 15/30.
Old 06-21-2007, 04:08 PM

I'll 3 bet 234 from the SB against a CO raise, but I'd probably fold it to an UTG raise 6 handed if we're HU. Aren't you behind the UTG range of a solid player with 234?
Old 06-21-2007, 04:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Clearly Flafishy hasn't played a 3/6 Stars game. I'd have played the 2347 more aggressively (probably check-raise) after the first draw and NEVER fold 234 after 1 raise, call or 3 bet depending on reads. God bless The Gremlin if he paid you the $200 [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]. I haven't been playing 2-7 very long, but I think I get better reads here than any other game. is that just cause I have been playing with fish?