Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2007, 02:00 PM

Default 1/2 Stars SB vs BB

Villain is SB with 101 h / 24.8 / 13.5 / 1.4 AF

not sure about this hand, i know i shoulda reraise it preflop

postflop: was my free sd line good? Possible fold to a 3-bet on turn ?

best thanks !

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (4 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

River: (10 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 10 BB
Old 05-15-2007, 02:21 PM

Default Re: 1/2 Stars SB vs BB

Raising turn is bad, because you can get 2BB in by just calling down and betting if checked to, without the risk of being 3bet and not knowing what to do. Also his turn lead means, that the chances you're ahead just went down a lot.
Old 05-15-2007, 02:38 PM

yeah raising the Turn is very bad...im unsure about the river..sometimes i bet sometimes i chk...most likely iam checking
Old 05-15-2007, 02:45 PM

what is his steal %? Has he been opening light? I otherwise aren't 3-betting A9o.

capping flop is spewtastic unless you have reads you didn't share; the idea is to let worse hands keep betting and at the same time realize there are hands better than 99. You told him you're good on flop and he doesn't care - time to think about calling down/improving.

turn, ??; everything to here says you're behind so save your raises for better spots

rvr, IMO you chilled a superior hand and therefore lost no more bets to him.
Old 05-15-2007, 04:44 PM

id 3bet preflop, if i didnt id just call this flop maybe raise some safe turns usually just calling down.

after his flop 3bet just calldown, raising the turn is a spew hes got u beat alot.

the only way this line could be right would be if u think the majority of his range is drawing hands that wont bet the river UI (unlikely if hes still betting a draw), and another portion of it is worse pair hands so ur equity is over 50% still but after the missed draws missed ur equity that calls a bet on the river is less than 50%.

In other words if ur raising the turn becuz u think he has a lot of worse made hands u should bet the river, but really u should just call the turn and river IMO here after he still leads into u on the turn after ur flop cap.

as played i think ud have to fold to a turn 3bet, missing out on maybe a 2 or 5 outter, dont freeshowdown like this anymore its pretty much terrible poker IMHO, I think the flop cap is bad as well vs anyone esp someone who seems reasonable so far.
Old 05-15-2007, 05:02 PM

I hate 3betting pf because you end up making a big pot that you might need to bail from later, you kill your implied odds. any equity edge you have now isn't really worth it.

after that I would just call down from his flop 3bet. the turn raise is a huge spew.
Old 05-15-2007, 05:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I hate 3betting pf because you end up making a big pot that you might need to bail from later, you kill your implied odds. any equity edge you have now isn't really worth it.

after that I would just call down from his flop 3bet. the turn raise is a huge spew.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-15-2007, 05:33 PM

well,....

the whole table was pretty much tight and parts very aggro in blind battles, so most of the time the BU / CO opens, with marginal hands shown down too, so we can call it light opening. Most of the pots were won w/o SD. So as i mentioned above i gotta 3-bet pre-flop.

In this hand my read on him was that he either got a x9 / JT / or a h draw (or for sure a big pp). I thought he took the 8 as a scare card for me. My turn raise here is my problem. I would have folded to a 3-bet. Probably calling down after the turn donk is best as i dont really wanna give it up.

€dit: THANKS FOR THE REPLIES SO FAR !!!