Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-2007, 10:48 AM

Default 50NL Limped Pot, Flop Flush...river brings 4th flush card

No reads, villains first orbit however, he's been in 4 of 6 hands. My usual line is bet-bet-bet here but I decided to donk the turn repping a draw but I'm actually looking to get raised, which luckily worked. I hate the river card - I repped a draw and showed some strength with the donkbet-raise.

Villain's range, your plan?
Do we still have the best hand?

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 4 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

<font color="black">Hero (SB): $89.75</font>
BB: $47.45
UTG: $46.25
BTN: $84.90

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt 8 9 (4 Players)
UTG folds, BTN calls $0.50, Hero calls $0.25, BB checks

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($1.50) J 5 Q (3 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $1.50</font>, BB folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $3</font>, Hero calls $1.50

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($7.50) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $2</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises to $8</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $31.50</font>, BTN calls $23.50

<font color="black">River:</font> ($70.50) 4 (2 Players)
Hero...
Old 05-06-2007, 10:52 AM

Default Re: 50NL Limped Pot, Flop Flush...river brings 4th flush card

i think u should rereraise the flop. and play the turn fast and hard.

u have so much money behind both stacks build a pot quickly with the strong flopped hand.
Old 05-06-2007, 10:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i think u should rereraise the flop. and play the turn fast and hard.

u have so much money behind both stacks build a pot quickly with the strong flopped hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is definately a better line. How about hand as played.
Old 05-06-2007, 10:58 AM

on the river i think just check and call a small bet. u have only a small flush. if he has no diamond he will prob check also since his action indicates trips or 2 pair in which case he doesnt have a diamond.
Old 05-06-2007, 11:44 AM

On the flop I think his range can be all kinds of stuff (which is why the reraise is so profitable.) On the turn, once he raises to $8, a lot of that is gone. Once he calls you're HUGE reraise, most of it is gone. At this point, uhhg, maybe something like non-nut flush (gotta think he's jamming the turn with the goods), 55, QJ.

I think we still probably have the best hand. If it goes AI on the river I don't think we do. I'm torn between trying a blocking/value bet of 20 or so on the river or just checking. I think I like leading, because I don't think we can check call a shove, and there's really no other way to interpret a check besides "I hate that river card."
Old 05-06-2007, 12:21 PM

id rr the flop...we are both real deep in an unraised pot so we really need to build that pot up, then on turn if he raises me im probably just pushing...i dunno if i like the donk bet on the turn, once again we are deep and need to build a pot so w/ your flop line, id bet closer to pot on the turn and if he raises then im probably pushin. But the river is tough especially w/o a read, if we push we are almost turnin our hand into a bluff, if we check he pushs then i throw up on myself. I think i just c/f river seems weak but bettin sucks and callin a bet sucks cause now we dont know where we are...

basically i hate to play small-mid strength flushs slow...i play them as fast as i can to aviod spots like on the river.
Old 05-06-2007, 12:29 PM

Nobody likes raising preflop here?
(I don't think it's the worst thing in poker to raise hands out of position here against somebody that appears to be loose and weak....)
Old 05-06-2007, 03:49 PM

Dunkman
[ QUOTE ]
On the flop I think his range can be all kinds of stuff (which is why the reraise is so profitable.) On the turn, once he raises to $8, a lot of that is gone. Once he calls you're HUGE reraise, most of it is gone. At this point, uhhg, maybe something like non-nut flush (gotta think he's jamming the turn with the goods), 55, QJ

[/ QUOTE ]
Range looks good but I'd include Pair and FD hands and a small chance of OESD + FD.

[ QUOTE ]
torn between trying a blocking/value bet of 20 or so on the river or just checking. I think I like leading, because I don't think we can check call a shove, and there's really no other way to interpret a check besides "I hate that river card."

[/ QUOTE ]
I can't block b/c the pots too big if we put in say $20. However, lead seems to make sense unless we're inducing a bluff. Not sure I can see a worse hand that villain bluffs with. 4th diamond kills action here.

Bevill - Good point on the flop. Here I'm gambling b/c I don't know if he's got a hand. If a 4th diamond comes off on the turn, no action and I'll have to dump it.

Villain's range??

IshiP2U -

[ QUOTE ]
Nobody likes raising preflop here?
(I don't think it's the worst thing in poker to raise hands out of position here against somebody that appears to be loose and weak....)

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't have a great read and I personally don't like playing OOP from the SB plus BB is still to act. Granted on this hand, I'd really like the pot to be raised and the hand would play itself.
Old 05-06-2007, 05:01 PM

It's not results oriented thinking that has me telling you to raise here (I know you didn't take it that way I'm just clarifying): I agree playing out of position is hard but against loose/weak players it isn't impossible. Based on what you've said I'd be extremely surprised if you got played with postflop by this person if you were to cbet most flops. At the very least you've opened up your raising range OOP so people know you aren't only doing it with AA/KK....
Old 05-06-2007, 05:23 PM

You have to reraise this flop and bomb safe turn -- no two ways about it. Another diamond will kill your action or screw you royally. As it has on the river.

River sucks. The only thing he can be raising and calling with is some sort of monster or monster draw. One of those beats you now, the other will probably check behind.