Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2007, 02:46 AM

Default Re: Super Mario Galaxy

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It's super addicting, but it also seems a little too easy so far.

[/ QUOTE ]

Most Mario games are easy in the beginning, but difficult to "master." (IE getting all the shines in Super Mario Sunshine, getting 120 Stars in Mario 64, beating Super Mario Bros. 3 without warping, etc.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, this pretty much seems like a sequel to Mario 64. Most of the controls are the same, and the game structure is very similar (going to different worlds to collect stars). The funny thing is, you only get 3 Hit points instead of 8 (I think) in 64, but you almost never die from getting it. On the same note, it is VERY easy to die from falling into a black hole (basically falling off of the planet you are on), it has to be happening at least 5x more often than it did in 64.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are plenty of large open worlds with a lot of variety to run around in right? It's not all stupid round planets in black space? It was so dumb of them to show it all along as just some crap where you jump around on tiny round planets and then only in the last month or so show some of the more open parts.

Does it seem like getting 100% completion is an attainable and worthy goal (like the 120 stars in Mario 64), or are there a lot of annoying waste-of-time "easter egg hunts" like in Donkey Kong 64, Banjo-Tooie, Sunshine, etc.?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, basically a "galaxy" in SMG is the equivalent of a "picture" in Mario 64. Then each planet is like a segment of that galaxy. Some planets are big, some are smaller, on average maybe about 5 or 6 per galaxy. Usually there are 3 stars per galaxy, but sometimes there are smaller "bonus" galaxies that only have one (similar to the slide level in Mario 64). I think it is def. worth chasing 120 stars since there's so many different places to get them. Right now I have 11 stars total, and haven't gotten more than 2 in a single galaxy yet because so many new places are becoming available.
Old 11-02-2007, 12:35 PM

Won't be released in the UK till the 16th iirr, will be worth the wait though [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-02-2007, 04:24 PM

so pumped, I think to get ready for it, I'm going to get all the stars on mario64(vc) again
Old 11-02-2007, 05:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so pumped, I think to get ready for it, I'm going to get all the stars on mario64(vc) again

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I said when I got it for the VC. I stopped after like five...