Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-2007, 12:34 PM

Default Re: I need help playing after flop.

[ QUOTE ]
I know against seasoned veterans I might be over my head in playing 5/10. Most of these guys in my game have no clue. So the game is profitable to me. I just want to improve so I can get to the next level.
When I have a overcards to the flop, when is profitable to shut it down, if I have 2 callers after the flop. And how much to bet on the flop or on the turn to make them lay it down?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, I won't say anything more on game choice issues then.

However, the answer to most of your questions is "it depends". I'm not sure there's any way for us to give you good judgment.

Try this for starters: when you get two overcards to a lousy flop, take off a free card rather than C-betting say 50% of the time. After all, you may have 6 outs so a free cards isn't horrible.
Old 01-27-2007, 12:09 AM

What about if I am out of position? Do I c bet or check and fold? or check and call after flop?
Old 01-27-2007, 12:21 AM

I think you'll be a lot better off by posting hand histories in the No Limit forum.
Old 01-27-2007, 04:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I know against seasoned veterans I might be over my head in playing 5/10. Most of these guys in my game have no clue. So the game is profitable to me. I just want to improve so I can get to the next level.

[/ QUOTE ]
Again, I strongly recommended that you either drop down levels or deposit 1000 into a poker site and play some 50NL. Your playing ability seems to be on par with an average winning player at the 50NL/25NL levels online.
From your posts I can tell that your NL fundamentals, and your poker theory in general, is severly lacking to play at these levels.
If you still want to play at this current level, then I can only suggest that you read some poker books and post hand histories in the NL forum.
Old 01-27-2007, 05:08 AM

I agree with Rollos, the kind of questions you're asking aren't indicative of 5/10-level play at all.

Even if these guys are a bunch of wealthy clowns with no clue on how to play, 'NLHE:TAP' and a lot more experience would come in handy.

Old 02-04-2007, 05:06 PM

If your opponents are loose-passive members of ATC club, and you repeatedly bet unpaired high cards when flop is rags, I can see why they are millionaires and you are not.
Old 02-05-2007, 12:23 AM

Well bluffing calling stations, out of position is your major problem. Why would you think of trying to bluff a calling station. What do you think your trying to do, build the pot with nothing? And by them always knowing what you have when you raise pre-flop looks dead on to me, so it sounds like your to predictable. When you raise pre-flop, and you CB the flop, and fire the second bullet on the turn then check the river, thats just crying for your opponent to make a big river bet to take down the pot. Its saying, I missed the flop, missed the turn, and now I can't find the courage to fire the third bullet because..... oh yeah.... your a calling station! So when you bet I fold "Like a little girl."(JRB) And they call you one of the best players there?
Old 02-05-2007, 12:36 AM

Like stated before, I also think you need to move down, and read up on some poker books, always ask for advice to get better, by questions,hand histories, ect...., there is no stupid question in trying to get better, and improve your game, some people think there are, but if you don't know or second guessing yourself about your play then its not a stupid question. But yeah move down, it would be more valuable to move down then to struggle at the 5/10 level. GL
Old 02-05-2007, 02:49 AM

agreed
Old 02-15-2007, 10:52 AM

1. these are your post-flop questions and you're still beating this game? address please.

2. value bet.

3. NL against calling stations is not the time for multi-street bluffing on a consistent basis.

4. if you must, learn the overbet, see how they react to 2x pot shoves on the end (try it with the nuts first, then see if it might work). use with extreme caution, but even donks have some fear of huge bets.

5. value bet.

6. forget the overbet, it's just gonna complicate things when solid poker will easily crush this game that you describe.

7. value bet.