Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2006, 01:43 AM

Default Re: $16: I don\'t quite understand this call

[ QUOTE ]
45S, my brotha. You been out of the loop too long me thinks. Granted Hero has only 7BBs left after posting, but most Heroes don't even think about it in terms of BBs, they look at their cards, look around the table, see that they have a pair and call

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp

I know that the call is incorrect, but you guys are nuts if you think that the typical $16 SNGer is folding 55 in the BB here. Okay, so BB called, he shouldn't have. I'm SHOCKED that a player at this level made the wrong play. Stop the presses!!! [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]
Old 06-15-2006, 01:45 AM

seems pretty bad ESPESCIALLY since blind are going up to 200-400, and will hit the short stack.
Old 06-15-2006, 01:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
45S, my brotha. You been out of the loop too long me thinks. Granted Hero has only 7BBs left after posting, but most Heroes don't even think about it in terms of BBs, they look at their cards, look around the table, see that they have a pair and call

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp

I know that the call is incorrect, but you guys are nuts if you think that the typical $16 SNGer is folding 55 in the BB here. Okay, so BB called, he shouldn't have. I'm SHOCKED that a player at this level made the wrong play. Stop the presses!!! [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I read your post to mean he would call with way more than 55. Like super loose.
Old 06-15-2006, 01:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think anyone would think the average $16er would fold 55 here..we think that the average 2+2 $16ers would however, and OP did know who BB was...

if it were me, I would assume blackize would fold this as well
Old 06-15-2006, 01:56 AM

What I'm saying is, obviously the call was bad.

But you see worse all the time at the $16 level. This call shouldn't shock anybody so I don't see what the big deal is. I'd actually be more surprised if the typical player at $16 was good enough to lay this down.
Old 06-15-2006, 02:05 AM

If it were an average $16 player, I wouldn't be surprised at all by the call. But blackize is a 2+2er, and not just some jerk like me who started posting last month, either. I would have had to push one way or another, but I was expecting him to know that him making this call is -EV for both of us. Now, I completely understand the reasons that he gave for making the call, but at the time I was a little shocked, which lead to the OP.
Old 06-15-2006, 02:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This call shouldn't shock anybody so I don't see what the big deal is.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes... it should shock us if we know that that BB is blackize (well shock isn't the word, but it being unexpected is certainly valid)

I'm not saying that evert 2+2er is amazing or even good enough to fold here, but I would certainly give them credit (or at least adjust my calling range accordingly..even to include the possibility that he makes this mistake...and even then it's certainly a good push)
Old 06-15-2006, 02:17 AM

Heh it's +EV if you're pushing any two which I thought you were.

But I definitely need to make sure I double check the stack sizes at the table from now on in situations like these since I could have found a higher EV move in the next few hands. This was also the tail end of a session where I saw KK 4 times, 3 times against AA, JJ twice both times against a bigger pair, oh and a nice little AK v A3 loss so I was probably tilting a touch as well.
Old 06-15-2006, 02:29 AM

Its such tiny +EV against an any 2 push its a joke. Its definitely not as bad a call as people are making it out to be though. Still I would fold. But its really not worth serious criticism IMO.

I mean villain is obv pushing any 2, SNGPT says its very very tiny +EV, so how can this be such a bad call that makes it worth posting? If villain ISNT pushing any 2, then they are making a worse mistake than the BB IMO.
Old 06-15-2006, 02:33 AM

Couldn't have said it better.