Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2007, 01:45 PM

Default wasop circuit events

anyone ever went and played in any of the circuits such as atlantic city,indiana, or new orleans? i was researching them and it seems that the players who placed in the indiana ones had for the most part no live success before that, some of the more expensive circuits seem to have better players. but the cheaper ones seems like nobody has any history of anything live, just wondering what others think?
Old 07-18-2007, 02:06 PM

Default Re: wasop circuit events

I played in the Caesar's AC Circuit Event last March.

It was my 1st time playing in a WSOP event, and I had a blast & learned a lot.

As I sat around the various tables, it seemed that most everyone I spoke to had played numerous events & circuits before this one. So I was the "new guy" to the tables & circuit. Before this event I spent a few years doing local tournys & home games- but this was a big step up and I enjoyed the experiences.

I am looking at playing in a lot more for the next season. Hope to see you around the table.

/ETA: I even sat at a table with Wendell Barnes (He was featured with DN with his "teeth."). What a cool guy. He was giving me tips to improve my play during the game. Because of him, I was able to cash in that event. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-18-2007, 02:28 PM

well, I've only played in a few WSOP-C events, but, have run across a few with decent resumes, guys like Everett Carlton (MN), Mark Smith (KY), and Joel Casper (IL) seem to do well in the C's & other "regional" events

a few "TV" pro's show up at the $5K C non-televised events, but, that may be to satisfy sponser contracts..dunno for sure, but at their level, the $10K+'s are more worth their time
Old 07-18-2007, 02:44 PM

yea i was looking into all of them and indiana seems to have the most players doing well with not much live, if any, success at all, AC might be a choice for me too. i also think it would be a great experience, thanks for the help
Old 07-19-2007, 04:15 PM

I came in 13th in the Ceasars Indiana one this past March. I'd cashed several times before but it had never been recorded because most of them were either at Ceasars Indiana, other reginal events, or at the Charity poker events held in Ohio (In ohio the only legal form of poker, are Charity events).

Thus, there are experienced players playing in these events, but they've just never gotten their names in Bluff, Card Player, Herandon Mob or other places of the like before.

BTW, Ceasers Indiana is one of the best places in the Midwest to play poker, if not the best.

This is because of the amount of tournaments they run there, including every Saturday, an $225 event where they give 3 WSOP seats each week to the WSOP ME.
Old 07-19-2007, 05:29 PM

Wasop
Wasop
Waasssssooooop

True.
Old 07-19-2007, 05:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wasop
Wasop
Waasssssooooop

True.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've missed those ads. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-19-2007, 06:03 PM

Niiiice haaaaaaaaaand.
Old 07-19-2007, 11:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I came in 13th in the Ceasars Indiana one this past March. I\'d cashed several times before but it had never been recorded because most of them were either at Ceasars Indiana, other reginal events, or at the Charity poker events held in Ohio (In ohio the only legal form of poker, are Charity events).

Thus, there are experienced players playing in these events, but they\'ve just never gotten their names in Bluff, Card Player, Herandon Mob or other places of the like before.

BTW, Ceasers Indiana is one of the best places in the Midwest to play poker, if not the best.

This is because of the amount of tournaments they run there, including every Saturday, an $225 event where they give 3 WSOP seats each week to the WSOP ME.

[/ QUOTE ]

i wasnt trying to make it sound like they were all inexperienced but most the buyins at indiana are 300-500 so you get alot more inexperienced players, go to new orleans and you hav more 1k and 2k buyins with none being below 500, not as many inexperienced players can afford this

at indiana i could take 4k and play all the events(excluding the circuit ME) add another 1k and i can stay the whole time, so i can pretty much play the whole circuit for like 5k, pretty cheap for lots of inexperienced players IMO, not to mention all the guys stopping by to play in a couple events