Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2007, 01:42 PM

Default Bet the turn?

After the flop, I thought he probably had a weak Queen, a club draw, or an underpair. Decent read or not? Bet the turn or not?

Full Tilt Poker, $0.10/$0.25 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

CO: $23.35
BTN: $36.25
SB: $52.90
Hero (BB): $29.10
UTG: $52.60

Pre-Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BB)
2 folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $1</font>, SB folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $3.10</font>, BTN calls $2.10

Flop: ($6.30) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $4</font>, BTN calls $4

Turn: ($14.30) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Old 10-25-2007, 01:46 PM

Default Re: Bet the turn?

i think if u dont bet the turn u have to ask urself what am i going to do if i check and he bets?

because if this card rolls after someone bets flop and the checked turn to me, im betting every time?

this is a rough stop and i dont know what the correct play is. i would probably check and have myself in a spot not knowing what to do i would like to see how everyone else played it
Old 10-25-2007, 01:52 PM

If I check the turn, I think it's probably c/f because I'm checking thinking I'm behind quite a bit without any real outs to improve.

If it helps, the guy is 28/25 over 50 hands. He seems pretty boring, except for the fact that he min-raises from the button/co every time first in.
Old 10-25-2007, 01:58 PM

I would have raised it to $4 pf. Flop's fine though, and I would b/f turn around $9 or so. If you check he's likely betting with ATC and you have to fold.
Old 10-25-2007, 01:59 PM

Haha .. like I said, not sure how much to trust stats over 50 hands. I'm playing 4 tables, and playing basically the same on all of them. The one with this guy, I'm 17/10. The others, I'm 20/20, 6/4 and 8/6.
Old 10-25-2007, 02:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would have raised it to $4 pf. Flop's fine though, and I would b/f turn around $9 or so. If you check he's likely betting with ATC and you have to fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, on that board, you think he's floating the flop a lot? Not so much clubs and Queens like I thought?
Old 10-25-2007, 02:02 PM

uggh sick spot flush and TP-&gt; trips and this is a 3bet pot.

I think I check and see as a bet/fold is not good and we have no K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] the hands we beat are now JJ/TT and othe r undepairs u speaketh of and 1 card club pairs so they will be equally afraid of the scary board and will likely check behind.

I think I may have to c/fold or if checked through I may block blank river -OOP I think we have to give up and accept being bluffed some % time if vilian bets the turn.

Hi MR old kkool SSNL poster - BTW I assume you are aware the poincare conjecture has been proved - any historical relation?
Old 10-25-2007, 02:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
uggh sick spot flush and TP-&gt; trips and this is a 3bet pot.

I think I check and see as a bet/fold is not good and we have no K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] the hands we beat are now JJ/TT and othe r undepairs u speaketh of and 1 card club pairs so they will be equally afraid of the scary board and will likely check behind.

I think I may have to c/fold or if checked through I may block blank river -OOP I think we have to give up and accept being bluffed some % time if vilian bets the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was pretty much my exact thought process.

[ QUOTE ]

Hi MR old kkool SSNL poster - BTW I assume you are aware the poincare conjecture has been proved - any historical relation?

[/ QUOTE ]

Howdy. I'm slowly returning to poker.

Heh .. of course I know the poincare conjecture has been proved .. didn't you see my avatar? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I'm not related to poincare, but I did almost go to grad school for string theory.
Old 10-25-2007, 02:22 PM

Most reasonable turn bets make Hero pot-committed. If the stacks were deeper, I'd recommend a bet about half the pot, and the Villain calls, check/fold river. But here it seems Hero has to leave the hand to a thoughtful opponent, who'll bet the turn or the river.
Old 10-25-2007, 02:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Howdy. I'm slowly returning to poker.

Heh .. of course I know the poincare conjecture has been proved .. didn't you see my avatar? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I'm not related to poincare, but I did almost go to grad school for string theory.

[/ QUOTE ]

Woops didn't notice ur avatar -ye i recognise the bearded man now [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

OT: but do you think Riemmann HYP will be sorted soon?

I did study some Number Theory @ uni but it was hard and I wasn't very good @ it , still enjoyed it -though I enjoyed it though wow some of the proofs are so ingenious.