Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2007, 09:14 PM

Default US officers order to \"crank up the violence\"

[ QUOTE ]

CAMP PENDLETON, California (AP) -- A corporal testifying in a court-martial said Marines in his unit began routinely beating Iraqis after officers ordered them to "crank up the violence level."

Cpl. Trent D. Thomas faces murder charges after witnesses alleged he shot a 52-year-old Iraqi man.

Cpl. Saul H. Lopezromo testified Saturday at the murder trial of Cpl. Trent D. Thomas.

"We were told to crank up the violence level," said Lopezromo, testifying for the defense.

When a juror asked for further explanation, Lopezromo said: "We beat people, sir."

Within weeks of allegedly being scolded, seven Marines and a Navy corpsman went out late one night to find and kill a suspected insurgent in the village of Hamdaniya near the Abu Ghraib prison. The Marines and corpsman were from 2nd Platoon, Kilo Company, 3rd Battalion, 5th Regiment.

Lopezromo said the suspected insurgent was known to his neighbors as the "prince of jihad," and had been arrested several times and later released by the Iraqi legal system.

Unable to find him, the Marines and corpsman dragged another man from his house, fatally shot him, and then planted an AK-47 assault rifle near the body to make it appear he had been killed in a shootout, according to court testimony.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/law/07/15...rss_topstories

[/ QUOTE ]

And ofcourse in a brilliant moment of doublethink/doublespeak:

[ QUOTE ]
"I don't see it as an execution, sir," he told the judge. "I see it as killing the enemy."

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-17-2007, 02:04 AM

Default Re: US officers order to \"crank up the violence\"

[ QUOTE ]
And ofcourse in a brilliant moment of doublethink/doublespeak:

Quote:
"I don't see it as an execution, sir," he told the judge. "I see it as killing the enemy."

[/ QUOTE ]

and in 5 years these guys are gonna be police officers and thinking to themselves, I don't see it as a frame up, I see it as putting a criminal behind bars. (as they plant drugs in a family suv)
Old 07-17-2007, 02:41 AM

Default Re: US officers order to \"crank up the violence\"

That article is so sad to me. How is it not front page news right now?

If there is such a liberal bias, you'd think they'd be all over this . . .