Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-12-2007, 08:01 PM

Default Re: Barry Tanenbaum\'s new book, review?

Barry must of posted right before heading to the Bellagio where I ran into him last night. I'll be putting the book up for pre-release orders now.
Mike
Old 08-13-2007, 10:06 AM

Thanks, Jack. I'm glad you enjoyed it. I do cover that material in the book.

Interested members can listen to the interview here:

http://holdemradio.com/pages/keepfloppingaces

-barryt
Old 08-14-2007, 05:35 PM

Barry, I don't know how many times I've listened to that interview on my MP3 player, but it's been half a dozen, at least. All I can say is, if that material is covered in the book, then you may have one of the very rare books on the market today, a book that will be not only of interest, but help for advanced players.

I expect it to do very, very well, and I can't wait to get my hands on a copy. <nudge, nudge>
Old 08-15-2007, 03:58 AM

Despite the fact that I HATE what D&B do over and over again- namely announcing release dates for new books and then constantly delaying them (I don't care what their reasoning is, they should be more professional and stick to their public announcements or just not make any until they have a firm release date in mind)- I will be buying both books. I'm especially excited about the shorthanded book. Shorthanded limit hold 'em is still an area that is lacking when it comes to poker literature. All that is currently available is the Stox book and some individual chapters by Maroon, Yao etc. Of course there is the Fromm/ Zee book on the way and that should be an absolute cracker.
Old 08-15-2007, 11:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Barry, your interview with Lou and Amy on Holdem Radio was absolutely outstanding, sir. Segment 2 on equity and raising the blinds was something rarely discussed and your explanation was top shelf. If the book is even near the level of this discussion, yours will become one of the must read books of the year.

nh, sir.

Once again, when E.F. Hutton speaks...

[/ QUOTE ]
I finally had a chance to listen to the podcast and I agree. It was an excellent discussion and the segment on equity & creating dead money was outstanding. I've talked about this concept with Barry before and the interview was a great refresher. Looking forward to both of Barry's books.
Old 09-09-2007, 07:55 PM

Is "Advanced Limit Hold'em Strategy" shipping yet?

Any reviews?

Thanks!
Old 09-09-2007, 08:17 PM

Ha! Are you joking? Surprise, surprise- more delays and now Amazon are saying they don't know when "OR IF", the titles will ever be available. Goes back to what I have been saying about D&B- what a joke.
Old 09-09-2007, 10:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ha! Are you joking? Surprise, surprise- more delays and now Amazon are saying they don't know when "OR IF", the titles will ever be available. Goes back to what I have been saying about D&B- what a joke.

[/ QUOTE ]

I got mine last week ... it looks like it should be called intermiediate hold'em and not advanced hold'em from the looks of it, in other words targeted at the player that has learned to play but need to move on from noob

That being said I've only read around 40 pages or so, so this is only a first impression and not a valid review by any means. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-09-2007, 10:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And the Zee/Fromm book? And the delays in Math. of Poker?
Seems like delays/cancellations are problems for all publishers.
Old 09-10-2007, 01:24 AM

Hopefully this means the boat on the way to the USA with them should be here shortly.