Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-2007, 03:46 AM

Default how bad is this?

Full Tilt 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, CO folds, SB folds, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 caps</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (12.50 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 caps</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Old 08-04-2007, 03:55 AM

Default Re: how bad is this?

3 betting the flop is an option, but this is by no means bad.
Old 08-04-2007, 03:58 AM

First of all, I'd have bet the flop, regardless of what the PF action was. You have the nut-flush draw and a gapless backdoor SD. You don't really give us any reads on any of these players, so it is hard to tell what you think they may be holding, but as played, I'd say you didn't make any mistakes. You had odds the whole way down. Only problem I see is that after the flop betting, you should have factored in another 3-bet and cap on the turn, which may have made your odds go down (anyone, is this incorrect?). This would make your implied odds go up, however, considering you can be sure you'll collect a few extra bets on the river if your last [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] comes in.
Old 08-04-2007, 04:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Only problem I see is that after the flop betting, you should have factored in another 3-bet and cap on the turn, which may have made your odds go down (anyone, is this incorrect?). This would make your implied odds go up, however, considering you can be sure you'll collect a few extra bets on the river if your last [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] comes in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn't really matter, UTG usually has an overpair and won't 3 bet the turn since MP2 is saying he can beat an overpair. Even if it does get capped you're getting like 5 to 1. Also you don't really have implied odds if they have a clue.
Old 08-04-2007, 04:14 AM

Yeah, you have a huge amount of equity on the flop. Even a bit out of position, I like 3-betting it too. Your draws will come in by the river over 33% of the time, right?

Turn looks alright. Well played.
Old 08-04-2007, 04:21 AM

Thank you.
Old 08-04-2007, 04:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Also you don't really have implied odds if they have a clue.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't know. These guys are going crazy. We'll collect something on the river if he draw out. And the straight draw is somewhat disguised. Not that well since T8/86 were there on the flop, but it might get somewhat overlooked since the flush draw is the obvious one.
Old 08-04-2007, 04:37 AM

It sucks you got trapped, but I don't think is anything else you can do about it anywhere. YOu had odds to call two both times on the flop. And even if you knew ahead of time that the turn would be capped, you still would have odds to call.
Old 08-04-2007, 08:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It sucks you got trapped, but I don't think is anything else you can do about it anywhere. YOu had odds to call two both times on the flop. And even if you knew ahead of time that the turn would be capped, you still would have odds to call.

[/ QUOTE ]

I play this hand the same. now river the nuts pls
Old 08-04-2007, 08:06 AM

This is where variance comes from.