Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2007, 06:45 PM

Default Re: Bizarre injuries you\'ve suffered

I had a similar running in the dark incident.

In college was drunk and running through someone's back yard literally dressed as a pimp.

I about decapitated myself as I ran into a clothesline. I had a huge bruised stripe across my neck, not to mention landing on my tailbone and head.

It looked like I tried to commit suicide by hanging myself.
Old 09-26-2007, 06:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, we were cool 8th graders.

[/ QUOTE ]
Now that you're in 9th grade, it's all downhill from here.
Old 09-26-2007, 06:51 PM

This one is plain retarded and only happened a couple of months ago:

I was running late for work and it was garbage day. I was pushing the big garbage can to the end of the driveway when the wind came up and blew the hinged lid right into my face. I had to drive to work while my nose was gushing blood and I was steaming. Still made it on time even though I had blood all over.

I'm a walking calamity, I have a lot more. I would be curious to hear if anyone else has got stuck in a manhole before.
Old 09-26-2007, 07:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When I was around 10, I was hanging out in my friend's garage. There were several of us there and I had climbed up on top of the work bench to sit on a bucket. Suddenly, a kid ran into the garage and yelled out that a fight was starting across the street. I jumped off the bench and landed on a leaf picker upper thing, the handle levered up off the floor and smashed me in the nose.

With blood gushing and my vision blurred from the hit, I stumbled/ran across the street. Just as I got close to where the fight was starting, my foot landed in a hole and my ankle rolled. I fell to the ground in agony. I rolled over into a fetal position, intending to ride out the pain and try and not let the entire neighborhood see me crying.

Most of the kids (including the two who were supposed to be fighting) started laughing at me. Suddenly, I felt sharp, burning, stinging pains. First a couple, then about hundred. My foot had landed in a yellow jacket nest.

Good times.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is just sick. I can't imagine all of that happening at the same time, but man....
Old 09-26-2007, 07:45 PM

I still have a piece of pencil lead in my palm from trying to catch a falling mechanical pencil over 8 years ago.
Old 09-26-2007, 07:46 PM

In the 7th grade I broke my arm while bowling. I stepped across the line and slipped fell backwards and tried to brace my fall with my non-throwing arm.
I didn't know I had broken it until the next day though. I kept on bowling with my friend but had to hold my other arm close to my belly like it was in a sling. I won 2 out of 3 games with the 1-armed bowling technique.
Old 09-26-2007, 07:49 PM

* When I was 15 I was babysitting my neighbor's kids and leaned down to pet their dog. The ferocious beast jumped up and nearly took off my nose. I was holding it on my face on the way to the hospital. I have a scar from where it was reattached. The ferocious beast was a darling cocker spaniel, looked just like Lady from Lady and the Tramp.

* A few weeks ago I ran back up the down escalator to retrieve keys my buddy remembered. Long ass escalators so I figured it would be more efficient to run up 10 steps then go down 40 more and back up the other side. I finally learned why my mom always told me not to do that. At the last hard-fought step I tripped and my knee came down on the edge. Huge gash and I couldn't bend my knee or put weight on my leg for three weeks. The Gulden Draak inspired such bravery, and the Gulden Draak kept me from feeling the pain.

* A couple weeks before that I was stuck on the Joker roller coaster at Magic Mountain with the seat too low. I never expected a roller coaster to take my anal V card.
Old 09-26-2007, 07:56 PM

at uni, in the one sumo wrestling fight, i:
a) dislocated my kneecap
b) broke my leg
c) ripped the lateral and medial ligaments in my ankle
d) put my whole ankle out of joint

photos at http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...p;id=870970088
Old 09-26-2007, 08:21 PM

i was playing football with my brother. catching a pass somehow the ball managed to hit my right ring finger straight on, and it bent back a little bit and snapped a little piece of bone off where the tendon or whatever is in your knuckle.

When I was like eight I used to jump over bean bag chairs in my basement. Sometimes I'd stack couch cushions on the bottom or use them to land on. One jump my foot caught the bean bag chair and i sprained my ankle.

a friend of mine in high school played the tuba. he was standing on a chair with it and jumped off and blew out his knee (acl or mcl or something).
Old 09-26-2007, 08:40 PM

when i was 16-17 i was playing soccer.
i was racing towards the ball with another guy and jumped in the air and tried to kick sideways to get it.

i dislocated my knee in the air...and when i landed my knee cap cracked completely in half.

went to the hospital and the doctor thought it was just dislocated so he "snapped it back in"
i told him it wasnt in but he assured me it was and sent me to be x-rayed

i got cindy the ditzy straight out of tech school x-ray attendent who needed help from her friend ashley to move my knee around. most excruciating pain i could ever imagine happening.

then i sat in the er for 3 hours while my knee slowly drooped off to the side. finally the doc came back and said "oh maybe it wasn't in". thanks [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

they screwed the cap back together and the bone healed fine...but i sheered all the cartilage off in my knee and that never grows back. here's to the research on replacing human cartilage with shark cartilage or something!