Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2006, 06:23 PM

Default Re: Is anybody else closing out their accounts?

Wow, and you people are asking, how would this hurt online poker?! Look at this guy, the OP. If his IQ was 34, I wouldn't be writing this post. Only another nuthead, I would be saying to myself. But I guess that OP has a much higher IQ than that, he knows poker world better, he knows some stuff about banking and internet and legislation... and he STILL does crazy things like that. Panic, panic, panic! Amazing. Just imagine what a regular retired gentleman on Florida must be thinking about this whole thing. He is probably pulling his internet connection cable out of the wall at the moment I'm writing this: "I don't want to spend my whole life in prison!!" [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 10-01-2006, 06:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If a democrat/republican voted against it. What would all the adds be in the next election?

So and so is soft on terror and security! He voted against the port security bill!!!! How can you trust your safety to him???????

Political douche baggery to attach a bill to a must pass bill (no debate done for the religious right).

Political suicide to oppose it. Are you all that nieve?

Republican attached it= Republican fault in this case at least.

[/ QUOTE ]

So how do you explain the fact that 115 Dem's which is 60% of their party voted for H.R. 4411 which wasn't attached to anything?

[/ QUOTE ]

Great [censored] point.
Old 10-01-2006, 07:41 PM

While I agree with the 60% thing, I do not think a majority Democrat Congress would have pushed this that strongly. The Republican party has started to turn into the de facto religious psycho party wanting to keep stem cell research from happening, abortion rights from happening, gay relationships from happening from happening (not gay, but don't think politicians should get in the bedroom) and any form of gambling that doesn't directly enhance their bottom line. At least that's my take on things that have been happening in the last few years Republican wise. And this is coming from a former Republican.
Old 10-01-2006, 08:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
While I agree with the 60% thing, I do not think a majority Democrat Congress would have pushed this that strongly. The Republican party has started to turn into the de facto religious psycho party wanting to keep stem cell research from happening, abortion rights from happening, gay relationships from happening from happening (not gay, but don't think politicians should get in the bedroom) and any form of gambling that doesn't directly enhance their bottom line. At least that's my take on things that have been happening in the last few years Republican wise. And this is coming from a former Republican.

[/ QUOTE ]

I consider myself a conservitive and vote Rep most of the time.
I am for stem cell research, against gay marrage but for civil unions, and don't know where I stand on abortion.
I know a lot of conservative that think the same way so don't lump us all together and I won't call all dems communists who want the government to control everything and take away all our 2nd ammendment rights
Old 10-01-2006, 09:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was a Republican when they seemed to stand for smaller government and individual responsibility. They don't any more.

[/ QUOTE ]

So let me guess - now you stand for bigger government and collective responsibility, ie Democratic?
Old 10-01-2006, 09:48 PM

I'm withdrawing the bulk of the money I have on various sites (probably being paranoid but better safe than sorry) and am only leaving on the minimum I need to play my stakes and clear bonuses, etc.

I highly doubt of course that if Room X decides to no lnoger take American business that they'll keep all the funds, but I also don't want my bank making me explain where these deposits are coming from after the ban goes into place.

Oh and this country is far from a theocracy, if anything the U.S. gets less and less religious year by year.
Old 10-01-2006, 10:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Oh and this country is far from a theocracy, if anything the U.S. gets less and less religious year by year.

[/ QUOTE ]

But those in power seem to be more and more religious year by year.
Old 10-01-2006, 10:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Look at the vote.I wouldn't lay this just on the republicans.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then you don't understand the political process.

The vote was on the port security bill generally. Senate Democrats actually considered stalling the entire bill because of the gambling provisions, but decided against it because they would mean not getting port security done.

It's cool whether anyone here is a Democrat, Republican, Libertarian, or whatever. But nobody should believe for one second that the internet gambling ban was pushed by anything other than the Republican leadership. Without Frist's "leadership", this bill never would have become law.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly, and I was a lifelong Republican until about six months ago. Once Frist and his Republican cronies tacked this bill onto the port security bill, the Democrats had no choice but to vote for it, especially in an election year, which is why Frist pulled this crap in the first place.
Old 10-01-2006, 10:29 PM

It seems like in reality most of everything in these posts is speculation. It is hard to imagine how this bill will be implemented. One question I have been pondering has been withdrawing. To my knowledge the bill seems to make it difficult to deposit. And hypothetically the neteller situation would make it difficult to withdraw electronically through neteller/firepay. However, would receiving a check from the gaming site and withdrawing in that manner be prohibited in any way? Should this be the way we look toward conducting transactions, withdrawls that is in the future?
Old 10-01-2006, 10:38 PM

You guys can bash the Republicans all you want, but if Al Gore didn't invent the internet we wouldn't even be having this problem. Now Gore is a Democrtat and... wait a minute...the OP didn't ask anything about politics.