Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2006, 03:52 PM

Default Re: look at the last 30 years, dude

so funny to see the republicans try their best to not accept responsibilty...so pathetic. Must be someone elses fault probably bill clinton's. This is why i no longer care.

Those trying to spread the blame should consider running for office you would fit right in.
Old 10-01-2006, 04:16 PM

Default Re: look at the last 30 years, dude

[ QUOTE ]
Online poker is just collateral damage in the long campaign to turn this country into a theocracy.-------------------------------------------------------------------------- agreed
Old 10-01-2006, 04:26 PM

Default Re: Is anybody else closing out their accounts?

Both of our two parties combine to make one party - the Government Party. I haven't voted for either of them in years. I vote libertarian. People have told me that's wasting my vote. I believe voting Republican or Democrat is wasting my vote.
Old 10-01-2006, 04:35 PM

Harumph. Vote libertarian. www.lp.org

If enough of us waste enough votes somebody's going to notice.

Bryan
Old 10-01-2006, 04:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Harumph. Vote libertarian. www.lp.org

If enough of us waste enough votes somebody's going to notice.

Bryan

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not even a wasted vote, it's so dumb to say that (I know you're being facetious). Almost any vote in any race is "wasted" if you look at it from that angle. I'm in NY - Clinton's challenger doesn't stand a chance in hell. Voting for either one of them is a "waste" because it will have no effect whatsoever.

Yet right-leaning people will still think they're doing the proper thing by voting for the Republican challenger rather than a Libertarian, even though they're equally absurd.
Old 10-01-2006, 04:39 PM

not voting for the candidate or party who you think would best represent you would be wasting your vote.
Old 10-01-2006, 04:40 PM

chicagoY...You are either blind, nieve or incredably stupid (obviously my opinion). Please open your eyes if only for your own good.

async...Thank you for your insight, intelligence and elequence. Your points are very well layed out and I for one, appreciate that.

2+2...Thank you for allowing those of us in the Poker community to disguss, vent and share our thoughts and feelings at what I consider a troubling and sad time. You show Class and intelligence in the way your site has handeled this, IMO, crises.

For many of us this political based bill will change our lives considerably for the worst. It will create difficulty and suffering for many.

This is a direct infringement on our freedoms as Americans.
Old 10-01-2006, 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If a democrat/republican voted against it. What would all the adds be in the next election?

So and so is soft on terror and security! He voted against the port security bill!!!! How can you trust your safety to him???????

Political douche baggery to attach a bill to a must pass bill (no debate done for the religious right).

Political suicide to oppose it. Are you all that nieve?

Republican attached it= Republican fault in this case at least.

[/ QUOTE ]

So how do you explain the fact that 115 Dem's which is 60% of their party voted for H.R. 4411 which wasn't attached to anything?
Old 10-01-2006, 04:52 PM

Bottom line is both parties suck.
Also why can we not get poker and other gambling seperated?
I personally don't do any other forms of wagering, only poker.
If we could somehow get poker as an acception I think we would win but it is lumped in with everything else and those everything elses are what is killing us.
Old 10-01-2006, 05:31 PM

You're nuts. Arnold has been screwing you even before he got into office. It boggles my mind how people don't see what this huy has been doing. Everything from plotting with the energy companies to create this BS against Davis to get a Repub in office in CA to raping public education (standard Republican strategy no matter where you live), trying to destroy the nurses union and other small unions in CA, and lying his butt off while taking more special interested money than any governor in the history of the United States (remeber, "I am rich, I don't need special interest money"). Good lord, please do some research before you vote. Please.