View Poll Results: KQo
raise 38 71.70%
fold 11 20.75%
call 4 7.55%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-10-2007, 10:55 AM

Default Re: NL Bots on Full Tilt

[ QUOTE ]
Should we give FT a deadline to respond before we begin our smear campaign?

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, "we" have already developped a campaign? That would be new to me :P

I think a big poll of the steps undertaken would be needed and then a general boycotting in case you really want this to have an effect... Just "Oh if FTP doesn't answer by tomorrow, we'll do this and that" doesn't work...

If the majority here really wants to push FTP to a decision they NEED to make soon, this has to be better organised imo!
Old 05-10-2007, 11:04 AM

Can't everyone just open up their own pokertracker, isolate 100k sets of hands and see if their numbers add up in an identical fashion to those of the bots. I am too blazed to do this myself/lazy.

It seems the most damning piece of evidence is the stats, so can someone just quickly prove that a real human has variant in their stats over 100k sets of hands and bots don't and we can stop having this discussion and start the smear FTP/hate on bots campaign already?
Old 05-10-2007, 11:06 AM

If full tilt suspend this player, it means that

A) their investigations team is completely useless, who knows how many bots they've let carry on
OR
B) they have no evidence that this is a bot, but because of the witch hunt, they'll ban an innocent player to appease the masses

There can be no good conclusion.
Old 05-10-2007, 11:09 AM

the thing is... if they say they have developped "this system", they claim they are not playing really "normal" poker, but they are playing an ultra nitty, slowly winning poker...

and usually people in this forum like to improve their game [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] So this task does not really help imo
Old 05-10-2007, 11:10 AM

Basically what I learned from catching up overnight is that:

1) nlnut has a set system and he and his friends have clung to that system with a rigid discipline over several hundred thousand hands. This system is so rigid that it apparently results in alarmingly similar statistics among different players over large samples of hands.

2) Despite discussing hands with one another, nlnut and his friends express no desire to divert from their set system at any time or adjust in such a way that they could adjust their winrate. They are comfortable with their current earn.

3) They are happy at 1/2 and express no desire to ever move up to higher stakes.

So... in other words you have this obscene ability to maintain strict discipline over a quarter million hands without ever allowing your emotions or fatigue or any other environmental factor to affect your play, and you have no desire to make more money than you currently do. Whether you are bots (I think there is botting going on here, the river bet numbers seal the deal for me) or not, you people are not humans.

Am I missing something?
Old 05-10-2007, 11:11 AM

Default Re: NL Bots oSn Full Tilt

[ QUOTE ]

hasn't the consensus been that these 'bots' are highly exploitable? It's like sitting in a game with FGators - ++EV.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fish can't beat bots. Fish are more profitable to play than bots. If bots weren't profitable, no one would use them. Fish need to be eaten by sharks not bots.

Enough with people boasting how they can beat bots already. People want to play with fish, not bots.

Default Re: NL Bots oSn Full Tilt

Man, I can't believe I read almost all of this...

One thought/Suggestion about what coule be done -------> You can test the guys' strategy system/strategy. If they agree (which I am pretty sure they wouldn't because they are bots [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]):

1. Have them log at the same time and play FOLLOWING THE SAME SYSTEM
2. Chat with each one to ensure they are not a bot (Test them too. They should be able to adjust like they always do...)
3. Gather a good sample and see if the results are the same. Surely following their SYSTEM they would be able to achieve amost identical results again?!

Of course, this test won't be 100% conclusive, but it is just an idea...

yea, at work now, but i'll check my stats on these guys...just from playing with him, i remember full tilt's stats, but didn't make the connection to the others...
Old 05-10-2007, 11:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Basically what I learned from catching up overnight is that:

1) nlnut has a set system and he and his friends have clung to that system with a rigid discipline over several hundred thousand hands. This system is so rigid that it apparently results in alarmingly similar statistics among different players over large samples of hands.

2) Despite discussing hands with one another, nlnut and his friends express no desire to divert from their set system at any time or adjust in such a way that they could adjust their winrate. They are comfortable with their current earn.

3) They are happy at 1/2 and express no desire to ever move up to higher stakes.

So... in other words you have this obscene ability to maintain strict discipline over a quarter million hands without ever allowing your emotions or fatigue or any other environmental factor to affect your play, and you have no desire to make more money than you currently do. Whether you are bots (I think there is botting going on here, the river bet numbers seal the deal for me) or not, you people are not humans.

Am I missing something?

[/ QUOTE ]

As well as the fact that they say they take time to talk poker and make well thought out decisions? Is this not completely contradictory to such a rigid system?
Old 05-10-2007, 11:12 AM

if i was under investigation i'm pretty sure i could round up 3 mates to vouch that its them playing..

hell, anyone with half a brain would correctly get your mates involved beforehand to setup the accounts and take a small cut for letting the organiser use their id's..

the fact that one person involved thought the investigation was going on for THREE TIMES LONGER than it really did speaks volumes, as does the pretty much identical stats that any single player would find almost impossible to replicate over three 100k sample sizes

i don't play on fulltilt so this doesn't affect me all that much.. simplest explanation is usually the correct one and in this instance it does not involve 4 people of average intelligence sitting around high-fiving each other over their nit "textbook" playing

fulltilt probably couldn't prove a bot was being used and couldn't disprove the sweatshop excuse, so they continue to let them play.. however, in much the same way that you cannot prove without doubt we weren't put here by aliens, everyone with half a clue knows scientologists are full of [censored].