Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2006, 10:21 AM

Default Re: 2-4 Party is equal to what level in Vegas?

I've honestly never found a NL game online as soft as the 1/2nl live game I play in...
Old 09-26-2006, 10:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Outside of the ridiculous $2/$4 to $4/$8 and the big boys, limit itself is an endangered species and the 4/8 is becoming pretty scarce. Learn to play NL for fun and profit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Everywhere I've played recently has a lot fewer NL than limit games going.
Old 09-26-2006, 11:01 AM

So we are in agreement that a winning player in 2-4 on Party could make a living playing poker? (A winning player in 20-40 or 30-60 would surely make enough to live off)
Old 09-26-2006, 11:47 AM

1.) Winning a BB an hour in $20-40 or $30-60 for the proper number of hours per year is not as easy as you might think, especially considering these games don't go all the time in Vegas. Also, living off $30-80K a year w/o benefits is not necessarily easy either, especially when you factor in variance.

2.) If you can beat party $2-4, you can beat games up to $15-30 in Vegas DEPENDANT on the lineup.

I've found the following limit holdem games to be good:
-Mirage $6-12 and $10-20. Everyone says these games are tough. Not on weekends(if they are going). The lineups are tighter than your average game, but it does not mean that it is a tough game. Lots of weak tighties combined with a relatively low drop means the game can be very profitable if you are willing to employ a selectively aggro style.

-Venetian $9-18. Game can be very tight, but donks usually stop in all night. Same for $6-12.

-Bellagio $8-16 and $15-30. These games can be horrible(table full of TAG's) or they can be donkish fishfests.

-Wynn $8-16 and $15-30. I have found these games to be way tougher than anywhere else, but people here swear by them. Frankly, I think its just white guys that have yellow fever(lots of azn cocktail waitresses), and in general these guys are FOS. Everytime I've played, the games are pretty tough, even on weekends.
Old 09-26-2006, 12:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So we are in agreement that a winning player in 2-4 on Party could make a living playing poker?

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely not. That is a gross overgeneralization. The percentage of the poker playing population that has all the skills necessary to play poker successfully for a living is tiny. There is so much more involved than just knowing how to play well.
Old 09-26-2006, 12:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
-Wynn $8-16 and $15-30. I have found these games to be way tougher than anywhere else, but people here swear by them. Frankly, I think its just white guys that have yellow fever(lots of azn cocktail waitresses), and in general these guys are FOS. Everytime I've played, the games are pretty tough, even on weekends.

[/ QUOTE ]

My wife plays fairly decently, but not real good and she has been crushing the 8/16 game on our trips. When I join her I can see why.

Who wouldn't want to play in the 15/30 game when Jackson is in it and also when 2 or 3 folks get to showdown the J4s that they limped in with from EP. On my last trip, a lot of the weak/tight Mirage crowd has migrated over to the Wynn and they're pretty easy to play against.
Old 09-26-2006, 12:52 PM

i have played 50/100 games softer than the 2/4 on party
Old 09-26-2006, 01:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So we are in agreement that a winning player in 2-4 on Party could make a living playing poker?

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely not. That is a gross overgeneralization. The percentage of the poker playing population that has all the skills necessary to play poker successfully for a living is tiny. There is so much more involved than just knowing how to play well.

[/ QUOTE ]

to me i think its really easy, i did it in 2002 and 2003 and started at 10-20 for 40 hours a week, and eventually moved to 20-40 at foxwoods, and did really well. eventually i moved online and have no need to go anymore. i think if ur disciplined in ur hours , dont play blackjack or anything it is a easy livng. and also the 2-4 games on party are tuffer than the borgata 40-80 since the 80-160 softened the game. and id say .50-1$ is alot tuffer than foxwoods 20-40.
Old 09-26-2006, 04:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

to me i think its really easy, i did it in 2002 and 2003 and started at 10-20 for 40 hours a week, and eventually moved to 20-40 at foxwoods, and did really well. eventually i moved online and have no need to go anymore. i think if ur disciplined in ur hours , dont play blackjack or anything it is a easy livng. and also the 2-4 games on party are tuffer than the borgata 40-80 since the 80-160 softened the game. and id say .50-1$ is alot tuffer than foxwoods 20-40.

[/ QUOTE ]

How often is there a 40/80 game available at the Borgata. And if it is truly this soft, why don't more semi-pros sit?
Old 09-26-2006, 04:25 PM

dont have the BR to handle the swings