Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2007, 03:07 AM

Default Re: ***** November LC Thread *****

Don't bluff, value bet and if you induce a bet or under represent your hand CALL.
Old 11-13-2007, 04:22 AM

Doomswitch off, please..

Full Tilt Poker, $110 + $5 NL Hold'em Sit n' Go, 20/40 Blinds, 2 Players
LeggoPoker Hand History Converter

Hero (BB): 1,130
SB: 1,870

Pre-Flop: (60) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BB)
SB calls 20, <font color="red">Hero raises to 160</font>, SB calls 120

Flop: (320) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets 200</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to 1,710 and is All-In</font>, Hero calls 770 and is All-In

Turn: (2,260) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

River: (2,260) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

Results: 2,260 Pot
Hero showed 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (a full house, Fours full of Queens) and LOST (-1,130 NET)
SB showed Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (a full house, Queens full of Fives) and WON 2,260 (+1,130 NET)
Old 11-13-2007, 04:43 AM

does anyone know if, on average, you can get more hands in/hour on Stars or FT? When looking at my individual sessions, it really fluctuates depending on player and how fast we're both playing.. but I guess the long-term factor would be how fast/smooth the software runs.

I figure if Stars can give me 10 more hands/hour on average, then the RB I get at FT wouldn't really matter.
Old 11-13-2007, 06:17 AM

Editorial Disclaimer: This Post Is Full Of Cheesy Crap

A good day, finally.

I got tired of posting about the bad beats, the doomswitch the universe seemed to have flipped on me, and the kittens I was fantasizing about drop-kicking**.

I got tired of compulsively multiplying the probability of all the beats I took to see how fast it approached zero over the course of a session.

I got tired of feeling sorry for myself.

So I decided to shut up and play poker. I decided to buckle down and focus on each and every decision. I decided to let it go if I made the occasional bad one. I decided to let it go when JJ &lt; A7, JJ&lt;35s, and when I made the right call with JT on 89J board but lost when his Q8 rivered the T. I remember the action on those hands precisely because I decided to focus.

And the results were good. But the results aren't why I'm feeling good right now.

I'm feeling good because I am the decider. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[**for daveT, because he seemed to like that rant so much]
Old 11-13-2007, 06:39 AM

Ok, my turn. I've played so much of crap hands, that lost focus on my cards, ROFL. In the next hand I don't even remember, what I thought I had(T4 or 57). But since I rased OOP I figured I did it with 57 [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img])

But anyway, this hand just proves how Ongame cherishes WORST players(if you play correct, you'll lose, and in opposite, the weaker your draw or NONE at all, the better chances that you'll win) ROFLMAO:

OnGame Skin, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 2 Players
LeggoPoker Hand History Converter

SB: $21.85
Hero (BB): $51.65

Hero posts $0.15
Pre-Flop: 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BB)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $0.75</font>, SB calls $0.50

Flop: ($1.50) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $0.45</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $1</font>, Hero calls $0.55

Turn: ($3.50) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $2</font>, Hero calls $2

River: ($7.50) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $5</font>, Only here after timer almost whent down I realised that I have another pocket holding and it brought me runner-runner str8, LOL
<font color="red">Hero raises to $12</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $18.10 and is All-In</font>, Hero calls $6.10

Results: $43.70 Pot ($1 Rake)
SB showed A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and LOST (-$21.85 NET)
Hero showed 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and WON $42.70 (+$20.85 NET)
Old 11-13-2007, 07:10 AM

I can never fold TPTK against a super nit. How do they do it everytime to me? I know I am beat but I can't fold TPTK against a super nit. How they manage to make so that I have TPTK and they have a set? And I always lose money to them because of that. They raise one time in one hour, but this time they have a set and I have TPTK and I am a calling station. I know I am beat, but I still pay off everytime. I hate myself.

I also hate guys who won't playback at me, but will just wait for a hand and then they won't even slowplay it, but play it like they would playback at me. I expect them to playback at me, but when I look them up, they always have the nuts. Yes, and I have a freakin top pair again, which I can't fold because I pushed them around all day and have to lower my calling standards.

These nits always manage to hit hands so that I have a calling hand while they have the nuts. I will become a nit. Maybe I will have the nuts more often then.
Old 11-13-2007, 07:12 AM

I hate myself because I am a calling station.
Old 11-13-2007, 03:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I hate myself because I am a calling station.

[/ QUOTE ]
Being a calling station is the first sign of a great player, interestingly enough its a strong sign your a bad player as well [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-13-2007, 03:17 PM

This month's LC thread has been very high quality. Lots of laughs and great advice.

Vinetou. I am a calling station. Those times that my pair of 2's are good against a river shove makes me proud.

Those times I call a 1/10th pot bet with K high and lose makes me sick. I ALWAYS fall for that one! And to make it worse, the clock starts draining on my opponent and I KNOW they are looking at the hand history. And some of them even rub it in my face more by talking smack in the chat-box.

As long as they think I am an idiot, the better I have it. I don't get mad any more; I get more money.

**meow..
Old 11-13-2007, 03:19 PM

how easy are the $100+ HU tournaments in general? I'm a successful msnl player.