Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-10-2006, 03:41 PM

Default Vegas/Alaska swap during WSOP

I couldn't find a forum that I thought this would fit in but I know a lot of people who live in Vegas frequent this forum.....

I was wondering if anyone who lives in Las Vegas is interested in trading homes with me around July 7- July 14th? My husband and I are planning to take in a couple of events at the WSOP. We will be traveling with our 6 year old son and a babysitter.

I live in Palmer, Alaska which is a 35 minute drive from Anchorage. July is a great time to visit Alaska! It is daylight most of the time, and it will be fishing season. I have a kid friendly 4 bedroom 1800 square foot home. This would be a great affordable vacation for a family. Cars may also be included in the swap.

PM me if you are interested....
Old 02-10-2006, 04:49 PM

Default Re: Vegas/Alaska swap during WSOP

AlaskaGal, I swear I'm not hating on you or anything, but I'm just really curious. If you can afford to travel with a babysitter AND play in a couple of WSOP events, can't you afford a hotel for 7 nights?
Old 02-10-2006, 04:56 PM

I can afford a hotel. But I would like to have a place to cook meals and have somewhere my son can play outside and that sort of thing. I guess I could rent one of those hotel rooms with the kitchen but the ones I have seen around there had some unsavory looking people walking around outside of them. I come to Vegas usually 4 times a year and I normally stay on the strip or at Sunset Station. It isn't really a money issue.
Old 02-10-2006, 05:04 PM

I'd help you out but I have a one bedroom condo in Henderson. I doubt this would be enough space for you.
Old 02-10-2006, 05:56 PM

you could look into to renting from a timeshare place like Polo Towers. I believe they rent out unused rooms at decent (hotel or lower) rates. They will include kitchen and possibly even a seperate room.
Old 02-10-2006, 06:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you could look into to renting from a timeshare place like Polo Towers. I believe they rent out unused rooms at decent (hotel or lower) rates. They will include kitchen and possibly even a seperate room.

[/ QUOTE ]

That would probably be a good option....Thanks!
Old 02-10-2006, 06:52 PM

I think there are a few websites for this sort of thing. Good Luck.

http://www.myhouseandgarden.com/Travel/HomefromHome.htm
Old 02-10-2006, 07:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can afford a hotel. But I would like to have a place to cook meals and have somewhere my son can play outside and that sort of thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your son won't be playing outside in Las Vegas in July, unless you find a place with a pool.

That being said, if I lived in Vegas, I'd seriously consider your offer. I've always wanted to check out Alaska.