Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2007, 11:52 PM

Default Re: How many hands do you play daily..

For you psychos that play 8 tables, are you running dual monitor setups?
Old 05-31-2007, 11:53 PM

Yeah, I would never play with overlap. I can play 10 tables comfortably with my monitor setup but then I can't see BigPotGrabber.
Old 06-01-2007, 12:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How do you people play more than 4 tables at a time? It just stops being fun for me, I loose concentration.

[/ QUOTE ]

Different strokes for different folks [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] For me 9 tabling seems to keep me on my A game because I never get board and I dont fall victim to FPS. I just started 25NL 2 days ago and I've put in over 8k hands in about 9 hours. I'm averaging $45 per hour.

I credit my starcraft days for my ability to think fast as well as very fast typing and mouse control. I was one of those 180 actions per minute junkies. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I think that the generations of players born after 1975 such as myself have played a lot of video games since childhood. It really excercises the decision making and reflex muscles in the brain imo.

I think that for anybody who is a solid winner at the level they are playing that wants to move up should consider playing more tables. More tables = more money especially in the micros where ABCtag gets the money session after session. You here people reply to newcomers to these forums often about how there is no 'recipe' for good poker. After 9 tabling .02/.05 for 100k hands and earning $10/hour I bet I could write an essay in 5k words or less on how to do what I did.

I started out at .01/.02 just 1 tabling with a $50BR. I was owning hardcore so decided to play 2 tables. Grinded up to $10NL and bought PokerAce(I was just using gametime+). After awhile I played 4tables at 10NL, then 6. Did that for close to 100k hands. Took shots at 25NL only to run bad and tilt the few times that I did. I think that it was a combination of the increased aggression at 25NL compared to 10NL and also the fact that for me at the time losing $25 on one hand of poker made me want to cry. I think I was intellectually ready to beat 25NL months ago just not psychologically.

Eventually I came up with the idea to 9table by tiling the tables in a tic-tac-toe fashion on Poker Stars with slight overlap both horizontally and vertically. I did this back at .01/.02. I was able to make $7 per hour there strictly value betting the crap out of anything that was TP or better. Moved up to .02/.05 after 9tables began to feel more comfortable. I can never get that BB/100 that I got at 2cent but the BB was 2.5x more so I was compensated there.

I'm drunk so bear with me and tolerate my ranting.

I continued to 9table 5cent for a long time taking weekly cashouts.

FWIW, and this is a bit OT for any 2p2ers here that are at .05/.10 and are multitabling to build a bankroll I really reccommend playing 5cent because you can buy-in 200bb deep. 5cent is considerably softer than 10cent but post flop play is even more important than preflop because of stack sizes, and preflop is easy anyway [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. I found that I was able to sustain a winrate at 5cent that was much greater than what I made at 10cent.

Something I was thinking of earlier tonight that I thought might not make for a good post on it's own due to LC was the learning curve of multitablers vs single tablers (or those that play 2-3 tables since that's really really slow). A lot of people have told me 'play less tables and learn good poker'. A lot of us uNLers won't be successful beyond $100NL. Of those that are many probably won't make it beyond $600NL. So if you're not the greatest player, but you can multitable fairly well all the power to you for increasing your BB/hour. Money per hour is the bottom line for me.
Old 06-01-2007, 12:55 AM

I play maybe 150-300 hands a day. One or two tables. It's recreational- not that I don't play to win.
Old 06-01-2007, 01:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It takes awhile but it does become rote. I'm sure I'm giving up some quality for quantity, but I'm happy with the 16.0 PTBB/100 I have over the last 80,000 or so hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

You make 16BB/100 over 80k hands while 8 to 12 tabling??? At what level?

Side question: is xPTBB/100 the same as xBB/100? Is this a LHE "Big Bet" v. NLHE "Big Blind" issue?

[/ QUOTE ]

PT was originally made for LHE. The Big Bet (in BB/100) was set at twice the Big Blind. Traditionally in NLHE the Big Bet and Big Blind are the same.

So,for NLHE you get the PTBB/100 being exactly half the traditional BB/100.

Hope that helps.

You can change it in the PT Preferences TAB in the latest version if you prefer.

Stu
Old 06-01-2007, 02:09 AM

I try to play 1,000 hands every day I play. I 4-table. I am sure my win rate is significantly better playing 4 tables than playing 6. If I need the hands to reach Platinum Star near the end of the month then I go to 6+ tables.
Old 06-01-2007, 04:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
For you psychos that play 8 tables, are you running dual monitor setups?

[/ QUOTE ]

Just the one, 19" I think. I usually overlay and just let them pop-up, but I've been known to tile and cascade also. It might be nice to see all the tables all the time, but I doubt I'd be able to pay enough attention to make a very big difference 12-tabling anyway. Where it would make a difference is with a HU display, which I presently don't use (I have Poker Office but the database really lags and makes it more of a hassle than it's probably worth). When I move up in stakes I probably will go with a second monitor setup and HU display.
Old 06-01-2007, 04:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It takes awhile but it does become rote. I'm sure I'm giving up some quality for quantity, but I'm happy with the 16.0 PTBB/100 I have over the last 80,000 or so hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

You make 16BB/100 over 80k hands while 8 to 12 tabling??? At what level?

Side question: is xPTBB/100 the same as xBB/100? Is this a LHE "Big Bet" v. NLHE "Big Blind" issue?

[/ QUOTE ]

PT was originally made for LHE. The Big Bet (in BB/100) was set at twice the Big Blind. Traditionally in NLHE the Big Bet and Big Blind are the same.

So,for NLHE you get the PTBB/100 being exactly half the traditional BB/100.

Hope that helps.

You can change it in the PT Preferences TAB in the latest version if you prefer.

Stu

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool 32.48 sounds much better than 16.24
Old 06-01-2007, 04:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I would never play with overlap. I can play 10 tables comfortably with my monitor setup but then I can't see BigPotGrabber.

[/ QUOTE ]

BigPotGrabber?
Old 06-01-2007, 04:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Cool 32.48 sounds much better than 16.24

[/ QUOTE ]

also less realistic [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] isn't it the other way around? PTBB being twice the Big Blind (which makes sense as a LHE Big Bet is twice the Big Blind).
I think PO uses PTBB, too, but not sure.