Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-27-2006, 01:36 PM

Default Gettin\' passive with da trips

This is my first session at 1/2. I'm a bit nervous, but I have made some money so far so it can't be too bad. The PFR is 18/4/1.71 and bought in with a goodly amount but hasn't really stood out. The flop bettor is 37/7/1.25 but is pretty fishy anyway, refusing to fold aces on the flop and such.

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls, Button folds, BB folds.

Turn: (5.25 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7.25 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9.25 BB

Hate this as much as I do? Yuck. Anyway, I was hoping the PFR would raise this, so I could 3-bet but unfortunately he took off. The turn obviously sucked, but I think I should have put in a raise there anyway as there's no reason he necessarily must have da flush.

Too damn passive. What's the real line?
Old 01-27-2006, 01:38 PM

Default Re: Gettin\' passive with da trips

Attempting the call/3bet line on the flop works for me, sucks you missed. Raise the turn or river.
Old 01-27-2006, 01:40 PM

That's an awfully coordinated board to slowplay the flop. As it turns out the two behind you folded anyway.

Raise the turn, flush isn't that likely, plus he may have hit the Ace he was drawing to, which would be good.

After raising the turn, if he calls, then bet the river.
Old 01-27-2006, 01:40 PM

Yeah, raise the turn. Even if he hit the flush, which is a possibility, since people commonly bet into the PFR with flush draws, you have redraws to fill/quad up. Call down if he 3-bets; bet the river if he just calls.
Old 01-27-2006, 01:42 PM

i think this is fine since there are many hands that beat you but at the same time you can beat enough of his possible hands.
Old 01-27-2006, 01:43 PM

Couple of different lines, all include raising. You could go for overcalls on the flop, but I would raise there hoping the PFR would 3-bet so I could cap. Not doing that a least raise the turn. UTG has something he likes so he's probably going to give action.
Old 01-27-2006, 01:47 PM

I like raising the flop as well...they'll never give you credit for trips, and you might get extra action from the PFR. Calling the flop and raising the turn w/ monsters is the most transparent play ever, and it totally kills your action.
Old 01-27-2006, 01:51 PM

Throw a raise in there somewhere dude.
Old 01-27-2006, 01:52 PM

I think I may fold this preflop, with only one limper and in mp3.
Raise this flop, if he has anything he is coming along. I would be more likely to slowplay if it wasn't 2 to the flush though with two opponents it isn't as likely.
As played, raise the the turn. There is no way to put him on a flush. He may fold with the A and heart, but so be it.
River plays different based on the others.
Old 01-27-2006, 01:53 PM

1. fold preflop
2. raise flop
3. bet turn
4. bet river