Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-2006, 07:23 PM

Default Two Very Basic Flush Related Hands

No reads for either hand.

Hand #1. Is the the 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] good enough to play this hand? If not, at what pot odds would you consider it?

I'm only 35% or so to get the flush, and even if I do, I may lose to a higher spade anyway. However, I also have a K overcard that's worth an out or so.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (3 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero ?

Hand #2

Do I bet my 2 pair into this board?

I got 2 callers on the flop bet, so you would think the probabilities of someone having a spade are even higher than by random chance.

If I bet and get raised, do I fold?

If I check and it gets bet, then what?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB checks.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 folds, CO calls, BB calls.

Turn: (3.75 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero ?
Old 01-26-2006, 07:26 PM

Default Re: Two Very Basic Flush Related Hands

Hand 1 - Fold, it's a small pot.
Hand 2 - Kick the cat.
Old 01-26-2006, 07:29 PM

Hand 1 I can fold, Hand 2 c/f
Old 01-26-2006, 07:31 PM

Hand 1 - Meh. I don't exactly have a boner. The pot is small and my spade isn't anything to get excited about, plus the only action I'm likely to get is when I'm beaten.

Hand 2 - This one is pretty intersting. I would check and call. I think if you can stick someone for 2 bets on the river when you fill up you can make some money here. (The problem lies in what happens if you miss, and what to do when it gets checked through.) Still, against two opponents who called a flop bet it's likely at least one of them has a spade.
Old 01-26-2006, 08:08 PM

Hand #1 - pot is small, two oponents one left to act and some agression shown. I think I fold here, if the K was the spade I would continue or is we were heads up I might consider it.

Hand #2 - I bet this flop as well, no reason to assume someone has a flush yet. Turn, 4 to the flush against 2 opponents we are not likely still best but we have outs to the full house if someone bets. I check, if it is one back to me I call otherwise I fold.
Old 01-27-2006, 01:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Hand #2 - I bet this flop as well, no reason to assume someone has a flush yet. Turn, 4 to the flush against 2 opponents we are not likely still best but we have outs to the full house if someone bets. I check, if it is one back to me I call otherwise I fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

You need to check/fold the turn if it's one back to you. 95% of the time, they have a spade and you're drawing to 4 outs (1/11.5). You don't have the odds to peel one.
Old 01-27-2006, 04:05 AM

Hand 1) fold, you have nothing and your 9 is not good often enough to call.

Hand 2) I read some of the other responses, and I do like cold's line--but I think it is very marginal equity-wise. If you actually pull off the river c/r when you fill up, you're probably at most only getting 4 extra bb's on average. This gives us implied odds of 9.75:1 on the turn to call and that's if BB comes along the whole way. I prefer c/c, but I think c/f is right.

And cold, if I'm wrong can you please explain to me why?